• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime's 2nd Season Previewed in Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juusee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
"Final chapter?" R.I.P. Tokyo Ghoul. This will either be an insanely rushed 12 episodes or 24 episodes with massive production issues.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:52 am Reply with quote
juusee wrote:
"Final chapter?" R.I.P. Tokyo Ghoul. This will either be an insanely rushed 12 episodes or 24 episodes with massive production issues.
Betting my money on the former.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping, though not at all expecting, that they will do more than 12 episodes. The last season took its time with the material it covered, so we're nowhere near the conclusion. Honestly, when the new season was announced in conjunction with the manga's end, I was worried that that we'd end up with something rushed. If this is announced as the "final chapter" then all I can hope for is that it has more episodes.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
Okay but are we getting chapter 125?
Angel Investor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.
TottoBennington

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
RIP my beloved TG:re ... they will probably give it 12 episodes and be done with it.
So that plus the sh*tty animation of part 1 :re.. there you go, the worst of the worst.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ugh.... It's so rushed..... I know it's only going to be 12 episodes.... I might only see the op, ed, and see the only scene I like. Where Kaneki is meeting Hinami.

Angel Investor wrote:
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.

I am pretty much like that. I only like Mikasa, Marco, and Erwin. The plot isn't interesting, nor any of the characters. Which is a shame because it's well-liked around the anime community. But, sadly, TG pretty much goes.... uh.... downhill after the nutcracker arc. At least for me. And I mean by the manga. The anime had it really rushed.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Angel Investor wrote:

Uhhhhh does it really matter? So you like TG over AOT, okay I guess since that’s how life goes, ya can like one show more than the other.

Doesn’t mean I’m gonna be at a fish festival bragging about how much I like fish better then chicken for no reason.

Not AOT’s fault TG isn’t more popular though. Blame Studio Pierrot for sticking it with shitty anime.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:52 pm Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
Ugh.... It's so rushed..... I know it's only going to be 12 episodes.... I might only see the op, ed, and see the only scene I like. Where Kaneki is meeting Hinami.

Angel Investor wrote:

I am pretty much like that. I only like Mikasa, Marco, and Erwin. The plot isn't interesting, nor any of the characters. Which is a shame because it's well-liked around the anime community. But, sadly, TG pretty much goes.... uh.... downhill after the nutcracker arc. At least for me. And I mean by the manga. The anime had it really rushed.

Hmmm that’s odd. I know many right now that’d argue AOT is in its prime right now. The recent events in the manga have been amazing.

The plot is VERY interesting. Especially since no one can predict an end in sight. Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion though.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
capt_bunny wrote:

Angel Investor wrote:

Hmmm that’s odd. I know many right now that’d argue AOT is in its prime right now. The recent events in the manga have been amazing.

The plot is VERY interesting. Especially since no one can predict an end in sight. Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion though.

Oh, of course! I constantly see the manga everywhere but the anime isn't so much. I have hardly seen it go around on twitter and a lot of roleplaying community sites too. The only place I see it the most is on youtube and tumblr. I have seen many people in the fandom say that its not as known in the West as it used to be.

Thank you! And the plot was something I wasn't able to get into. Like I said, I wish. But it's not my cup of tea. I mean, it's big for a reason and I find it wonderful that so many fans make so many theories. Thank you for respecting that it is my opinion. ^^
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 am Reply with quote
I didn't realize the Tokyo Ghoul:Re manga ended. Wasn't a fan, but I'm curious if any of the characters got a happy ending. Guess I'll keep an eye out for the last eps of this "final season," then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1