• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online: Alicization Anime to Cover Entire Alicization Arc

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:01 am Reply with quote
Whoa, really? So how long is the new anime supposed to run anyway?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Alicization Anime to Cover Entire Alicization Arc

That's a tall order...
Bloodstrain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
This arc is most likely gonna take either 60 or 72 episodes to cover depending on if the pacing stays the same as season 1 and 2.
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
Can you watch this without having seen all of Season 2?
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
GlassesMan wrote:
Can you watch this without having seen all of Season 2?

If you saw all of gungale then you're fine, but Mother's Rosario is considered one of the best arcs, so you might as well watch it first
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:24 am Reply with quote
OMG YES!
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:26 am Reply with quote
So how does this compare to past arcs? I've seen up to GGO, which was kinda meh for me, so I'm not sure I want to continue with this series.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:35 am Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
So how does this compare to past arcs? I've seen up to GGO, which was kinda meh for me, so I'm not sure I want to continue with this series.

Think and the first few episodes of the Series but better and with a complete "arc".
brynhild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:41 am Reply with quote
Bloodstrain wrote:
This arc is most likely gonna take either 60 or 72 episodes to cover depending on if the pacing stays the same as season 1 and 2.

I'd say it's popular enough to warrant a 50 episode adaptation but with how the industry is today I don't see it. Unless they did like 3/4 split cours like they did with durarara.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:51 am Reply with quote
brynhild wrote:
Bloodstrain wrote:

I'd say it's popular enough to warrant a 50 episode adaptation but with how the industry is today I don't see it. Unless they did like 3/4 split cours like they did with durarara.

They said that "Season 3" was adapting the whole arc, not that they were just adapting the whole arc in general.

Also, if god damn Twin Star Exorcists can do it, so can SAO. <.<
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
All the series that came before Alicazation had a two cour adaptation and each one adapted 4 volumes per season. Alicazation is over 10 volumes long which means at that rate it should be 50-60 episodes.

Well either way this season if it will adapt all of the arc is definitely going to be longer than any of the other series that came before it.
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:42 am Reply with quote
This really scares me... I really hope they use 50 epis, otherwise it will be fu**inggggggggg rushed ;x
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
Doubt they will do 50ep or so at once so iam personnaly expecting 2 2cours seasons with a year break between em fall 2018 1st one and 2nd one at fall 2019 or what you guys think ^^
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:34 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Doubt they will do 50ep or so at once so iam personnaly expecting 2 2cours seasons with a year break between em fall 2018 1st one and 2nd one at fall 2019 or what you guys think ^^

That would be the best solution, imo... ;p
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
Well, this arc is really freaking good, to the point even haters of the SAO franchise consider it to be the real SAO. And it's 10 books long, pretty well written and executed at that.

I would hate if they ruin it with either retarded fanservice and narrative omission (like what they did with both Fairy Dance and GGO) or just with straight cuts (also done to a certain chapter about Calibur in Fairy Dance, not that it was really essential anyway) in the huge content to fit it in a few episodes (50 would already very probably be rather rushed).

I hope stuff goes well for this anime though, the only good adaptations we got thus far were Aincrad and Mother's Rosario, and the first one was pretty poorly written even in the books.

Which reminds me, the adaptation expansion "Progressive" should probably be adapted as well soon, that's like am actually good version of the first arc (up to the point we'll arrive at the deus ex machina bullshit ending of course, unless they explain it like they did sooo much later in the main series).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3