• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Phantom in the Twilight Anime's Blu-ray Discs Cancelled in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, that’s balls. I was thinking the other day about how I would love own the physical release of this series. It’s so fun and I love it and it’s been one of the highlights for me this season.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope this doesn't mean the anime has been cancelled because Phantom in the Twilight has been my favorite show of the season
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I hope this doesn't mean the anime has been cancelled because Phantom in the Twilight has been my favorite show of the season

Don’t worry. There’s only one, maybe two, episodes left. I highly doubt they’re going to cancel them.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I serious wonder just what the hell went down behind the scenes. Given how tight lipped people tend to be in situations like this I doubt we'll find out, but I'm super curious now. Sucks for fans of the show though.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I don't think I've seen that happen before. I wonder if this means that a Western release is completely off the table
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:18 am Reply with quote
The series is a Japanese/Chinese co-production so I wonder if there was some kind of falling out that had happened between the parties in the production committee?

It's a pity because I do like the show. There's a fun chemistry between Vlad, Toryu, and Luke where they bounce off each other like a Kirk-Spock-McCoy threesome. The recent episodes are particularly good what with spoiler[an unexpected major character death, dueling Big Bads, and a surprise reveal at the end of episode 10.]
Drunk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Well, I don't think I've seen that happen before. I wonder if this means that a Western release is completely off the table

D.Gray-man Hallow's BD release was also cancelled due to "various circumstances". So far there has been no physical release in the West.
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:56 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
D.Gray-man Hallow's BD release was also cancelled due to "various circumstances". So far there has been no physical release in the West.
Aku no Hana also had their home release cancelled in Japan due to "various circumstances" which usually means especially poor reception and pre-orders. Although that one did actually get a western release, oddly enough.
dcmc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:16 am Reply with quote
Could also be reconsidering to release it as BD Box.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:49 am Reply with quote
It could be that the pre-orders are too low that they'll lose money by making them. Just did a quick scan at stalker threads on /a/, and I think low sales are a possibility.
GinPool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:05 am Reply with quote
This anime is honestly really crap and very generic so it really isn't a surprise.

Even when the season end, I HIGHLY, doubt this will get a second season.
Thibaud

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:30 am Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
Drunk wrote:
Aku no Hana also had their home release cancelled in Japan due to "various circumstances" which usually means especially poor reception and pre-orders. Although that one did actually get a western release, oddly enough.

Actually it didn't get canceled, all volumes are available online

Let's hope it's only a delay
Key

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:45 am Reply with quote
GinPool wrote:
This anime is honestly really crap and very generic so it really isn't a surprise.

How is this one generic? It's actually quite a bit different from the typical reverse-harem series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:08 am Reply with quote
That's a shame. I hope it's not a poor reception thing, although I suspect it is, because the show is actually good.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Shame, although I have to admit that I series started losing steam at about episode 6 or 7 for me. spoiler[Couldn't they have gone with something else besides Shinyao keeps getting kidnapped and oh wait she also has powers!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2