• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Babymetal Member Yuimetal Officially Leaves Group

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Awww, man. It's sad to see Yui leaving the group, i hope she is having a good time and i hope she will return once she recovers from the poor health she suffers from.
wccw2399

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
Awww, man. It's sad to see Yui leaving the group, i hope she is having a good time and i hope she will return once she recovers from the poor health she suffers from.

it is sad to see her go, but i don't think she's coming back at all. She said she's going to try and go with a solo career as Mizuno Yui (her full name).
Hinotoumei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Hope the show comes out, would be nice to have another JBand show, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi!!!! was fun at times as a kid.
Hinotoumei

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Hope the show comes out, would be nice to have another JBand show, Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi!!!! was fun at times as a kid.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 am Reply with quote
Arent they supposed to be the opening act for olympia 2020? Call me disappointed now.
Violynne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 am Reply with quote
Not surprised by this news at all. Yui has been wanting to go solo for about a year, but the producers refused. Her response was to "get sick".

Very talented singer. A loss for BabyMetal, but if she succeeds, I can see her doing very well in a solo career.

Now comes the hard part: replacing Yui as the lead in BabyMetal.
Roger-GTR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
Violynne wrote:
Now comes the hard part: replacing Yui as the lead in BabyMetal.
Yui wasn't the lead.

The lead of babymetal is Su-Metal/Suzuka Nakamoto.

As to Yui, It is believed that she suffered a back injury middle of last year & tried working through it before it got too bad & she had to stop on the advice of doctors last december. It was noted by some fans at the last show she was part of that she was wearing some sort of back brace.
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Roger-GTR wrote:
As to Yui, It is believed that she suffered a back injury middle of last year & tried working through it before it got too bad & she had to stop on the advice of doctors last december. It was noted by some fans at the last show she was part of that she was wearing some sort of back brace.

This makes a lot of sense now if it is the case. back injuries are pretty hard to overcome, and given the amount of stage work they do this is probably the best option for Yui to continue as a performer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1