• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Game Previewed in System Introduction Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Troy Baker isn’t coming back? Sucks but seeing how he disappeared from the anime side of things in favor of more AAA games such as the Last of us or Bioshock I’m also not surprised.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Troy Baker isn’t coming back? Sucks but seeing how he disappeared from the anime side of things in favor of more AAA games such as the Last of us or Bioshock I’m also not surprised.

Actually he stated he would have loved to have come back but was simply not contacted or even made aware this version was being localized. Guess Bandai Namco incorrectly assumed he wouldn't be up for returning but still it would have been at least polite of them to contact him. Reminds me of the new Powerpuff Girls series and how they didn't even contact the three original VAs at all. Like if they had simply messaged them saying for the reboot they wanted to try out new voices, that would have been more forgivable, but to simply announce the new show with new VAs without ever telling the original cast this was happening obviously felt rather rude to the original cast.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:48 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Actually he stated he would have loved to have come back but was simply not contacted or even made aware this version was being localized. Guess Bandai Namco incorrectly assumed he wouldn't be up for returning but still it would have been at least polite of them to contact him. Reminds me of the new Powerpuff Girls series and how they didn't even contact the three original VAs at all. Like if they had simply messaged them saying for the reboot they wanted to try out new voices, that would have been more forgivable, but to simply announce the new show with new VAs without ever telling the original cast this was happening obviously felt rather rude to the original cast.

Or so he says, but do we actually know who said what or did what.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1