• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extella Link Game Adds Altera Larva on January 31

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ballinamon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 am Reply with quote
Seriously? don't do this to me EXTELLA
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 pm Reply with quote
ballinamon wrote:
Seriously? don't do this to me EXTELLA

I haven't played the games yet and while I've mostly avoided spoilers, but I've heard without any context on another discussion about this that spoiler[this is already canon at the end of the first game.]

I already know some of the comments from Western fans are angry and hateful, but I think she's adorable and her gameplay looks like a ton of fun. Visuals on her attacks are really nice.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:26 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:

I already know most of the comments are people being angry and hateful, but I think she's adorable and her gameplay looks like a ton of fun. Visuals on her attacks are really nice.

Fate has already plentiful of Lilies. This one is just another Lily the fandom can embrace.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:41 pm Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Fate has already plentiful of Lilies. This one is just another Lily the fandom can embrace.

True, you'd think people would be used too this by now. Us humans find a way to be angry and offended over almost everything it seems.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:18 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:

True, you'd think people would be used too this by now. Us humans find a way to be angry and offended over almost everything it seems.

You misunderstand me. I'm not complaining about her. The community already embraces her.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Man I never liked her.

Well her I dislike purely for being Attila the Hun despite the identity having absolutely nothing to do with the character.

Give me a character that uses the Attila name better & I wouldn’t mind her existence.

Though being cute is not impressive really.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:45 am Reply with quote
Just me, but I figured that Altera wiggling in the ending credits of the Learning with Manga FGO shorts was some sort of foreshadowing.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:35 am Reply with quote
Nice they made her playable. spoiler[She was really adorable and cute in Extella.]

For those that are like "not another loli version" Altera lily is not what you are thinking. She isn't Jack and she isn't at all in the vein of an Illya or the other two main female leads of the game.

I really hope this game lets us use all these new characters an Liz, particularly Liz in actual main game missions instead shunting them all off to meaningless 3 battle "stories" as the only play you can use them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1