• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Oreimo's Hiroyuki Kanbe Directs TV Anime of Suu Minazuki's Plunderer Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ballinamon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Now 150% more sh*t
fantaselion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:50 pm Reply with quote
shitty studio.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Why Oreimo? This is a battle seinen lol
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:21 am Reply with quote
please don't mess this up..... PLEASE !!

Plunderer is my favorite ongoing manga series, I've been reading and collecting all the volumes of the series ever since it's debut in the magazine back in 2014...

The news of the anime was probably one of the best news i had in all of 2018, I literally took 2 days off from work and school then just to celebrate this news. The series means so much to me.

It's been more than a year since the anime announcement, and this is the first thing we get... even the visual btw, for those who didn't know, is not a new visual, it's the cover of the Shounen Ace magazine of the issue where Plunderer debuted... they didn't even redraw it in anime style, they literally just took Suu sensei's drawn cover and just posted it there. So we still don't have any idea whatsoever of how this look.

But Kadokawa, why give it to GeekToys ?? they've only worked on one series and looking at how people received it, it seems to have been awful.

Honestly this just makes me way too worried about the series... I'm gonna wait for volume 12 to arrive next week and keep enjoying the manga... But I really hope this somehow works out. They can take all the time they want in making it, just please give the series the good adaptation it deserves.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:12 pm Reply with quote
That Geek Toys is the production studio is a bit worrying but RErideD was an original show that had several problems. Plunderer will probably have average animation but since it is an adaptation of a manga it is possible that the production studio will have an easier time with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1