• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Shortcake Cake GN 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharmboy23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:53 am Reply with quote
Another great review - I really like this series although the art gets a little ugly for my own tastes at times (Ten’s female friend’s eyes drive me insane, although I do appreciate they called it out at the end of one of the other volumes).

It does feel a lot more realistic in terms of the writing; the characters don’t feel like gimmicks, for the most part. It’s up there on the list of shojo series I’m following at the moment, for sure.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in this series, and looking at talk online, seems like the main story is around 60 chapters or so. How manga chapters are we seeing per volume? Asking as I'm trying to figure out how many volumes this series may be, as I'm having to be a bit stricter due to the room I have for new manga. Laughing

My preference is physical media, so not interested in digital releases.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:55 am Reply with quote
As far as I know, there are eleven volumes. So pretty middle-of-the-road as far as the count goes for this kind of series.

I prefer physical media, too, but I've had to learn to be flexible with this job. And I have read some good digital-only stuff and have more room for my antique children's books, so I guess it's an okay trade-off.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
As far as I know, there are eleven volumes. So pretty middle-of-the-road as far as the count goes for this kind of series.

Thanks for the info, think I will go in for this series.

While there are some digital only titles I'd love to read (one being Inari KonKon), I'm too much of an impulse buyer when it comes to my manga/comics/novels. Feel like I'll open a door and all I will want to do is just splurge. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1