• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Add a Little Sakura (the Card Captor Kind) to Twitter with Special Hashtag

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Dangit, copy/pasting from the article doesn't seem to work.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting to me to see how CCS Clear Card is still being marketed heavily in Japan whereas it seems like Western anime fandom has already moved on from it after the initial nostalgia hype for it. I hope we'll still eventually get a second season.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
It's interesting to me to see how CCS Clear Card is still being marketed heavily in Japan whereas it seems like Western anime fandom has already moved on from it after the initial nostalgia hype for it. I hope we'll still eventually get a second season.

it never really got advertising for West.

Most big thigns dont :/

I did fidn the thign about planting trees at the safe zone of tsunami's impact...it will be a beautiful safety icon and a reminder of how cruel mothernature can be.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:43 am Reply with quote
Firefly251 wrote:

it never really got advertising for the U.S.

Fixed for you, right now the show is heavily promoted in Latin America. Just because it wasn't heavily promoted in your country doesn't mean the rest of the world didn't. The "west" is not just the U.S. and the English-speaking world, you know.
Nyghtwynd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Just confirmed on my Twitter, #sakura gives the same result too.
A flower in a sea of baseball teams emojis today.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

The CLAMP fandom in the west has always been known to be pretty quiet. I speak since I am in the fandom.

To me, I think a lot of the western fans were thinking it was going to be like the old CCS and disappointed it wasn't. I saw many people saying they were disappointed on how many of the characters act such as Sakura's relationship with Syaoran. Or Tomoyo's personality is still the same. Yeaaaaaah. I saw many posts on that. To which they called Tomoyo 'annoying'. But that's just what I've seen.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:22 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoyed seeing the return of Meiling and the nostalgia fanservice call backs to the Sealed Card movie, part of me wonders if Clear Card would have been better received by NA fandom if they just did a fresh reboot of the original first instead of trying to mesh the anime canon in with the manga. But I feel like CCS is one of those shows where the original was so highly praised that no sequel would have been able to perfectly live up to the fandom's expectations even though I thought it was a perfectly fine sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1