• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You've Got a Ringer) Novels 2-3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:38 am Reply with quote
Nice to see the interest from this review. I have enjoyed the series, and can't wait for the next volume.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm enjoying the series as well, particularly volume 2; Gregorio had a bit more to him than i expected, and he worked well as a terrifying antagonistic force. There was some real tension there when the hero, not knowing any better, invites him along, while both Ares and the audience know full well how bad it could turn out.

I also enjoyed the character arc of Spica; i think the reviewer is being a bit unfair and not entirely accurate to say she "worships Gregorio." As i read it, her arc begins with her being powerless, aimless, and purposeless, then chosen for the hero for factors entirely out of her control, and then gradually she begins to find her own motivation and become the protagonist of her own story. I saw her spoiler[apprenticing to Gregorio] as just the end result of her trying to take her life into her own hands, misguided though it may be.

All in all a B's completely fair for this series so far; it's an enjoyable parody that does some interesting things.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1