• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SSSS.GRIDMAN, Cells at Work, Beatless, Hisone & Masotan, Planet With, Penguin Highway Nomi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
SF Magazine issue (for the February 2019 issue, which had a special feature devoted to yuri)

If I remember correctly, there was not only an interview, but in general the entire issue was devoted to science fiction yuri.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Quote:
SF Magazine issue (for the February 2019 issue, which had a special feature devoted to yuri)

If I remember correctly, there was not only an interview, but in general the entire issue was devoted to science fiction yuri.

Interesting. Off the top of my head SImoun is the only science fiction yuri anime that comes to mind. Stainless Night, maybe, but that's hentai. Have to admit I haven't kept up with yuri manga that hasn't been released in English. Of course if we count SF anime/manga with yuri subtext....
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:00 pm Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:
Interesting. Off the top of my head SImoun is the only science fiction yuri anime that comes to mind. Stainless Night, maybe, but that's hentai. Have to admit I haven't kept up with yuri manga that hasn't been released in English. Of course if we count SF anime/manga with yuri subtext....

Here we are talking about an anthology of short science fiction stories in the yuri genre. Usually this magazine publishes science fiction in general, but this issue was entirely devoted to yuri, since the publishers of the magazine noticed the popularity of yuri and decided to acquaint readers with the new interesting trend.

http://okazu.yuricon.com/2019/02/03/sf-magazine-february-2019-featuring-yuri-sfマガジン2019年2月号-百合特集/ If you're interested, here's a review of this issue from the incomparable Erica Friedman from Okazu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1