• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 35th Victim of Kyoto Animation Fire Passes Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:23 am Reply with quote
Oh no, we lost another person. Sad
ranran-001

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 am Reply with quote
I can't say I watched many KyoAni shows, but they produced so many popular shows from Free!, to K-On and more, that their loss will be felt just about by everyone who goes to anime conventions around the world.

The rising death toll is yet another awful reminder of what we lost.
xotaku4lifex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:15 am Reply with quote
My heart continues to hurt. May that person rest in peace and my condolences to their loved ones.
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:54 am Reply with quote
I saw the news today after Cool Japan (NHK). I cried a bit. It hurts me so much that so many talented people had passed away before their time.

I've taken some comfort in seeing the outpouring of support & love from the fans (everywhere) to the families & to KyoAni. I hope they stay strong
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In a separate development, Honobu Yonezawa, the author of the HYOUKA novel series that Kyoto Animation adapted into a television anime, reported on Twitter on Saturday that he donated 1,000,000 yen (about US$9,200) to Kyoto Animation's relief efforts

I don't know why but this literally put a smile on my face even though I'm aware it wasn't my donation.
Demonskid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Quote:
In a separate development, Honobu Yonezawa, the author of the HYOUKA novel series that Kyoto Animation adapted into a television anime, reported on Twitter on Saturday that he donated 1,000,000 yen (about US$9,200) to Kyoto Animation's relief efforts

I don't know why but this literally put a smile on my face even though I'm aware it wasn't my donation.

That was a nice thing to read about after the news of the 35th victim. Glad to see the authors of the original works are helping out too.

My condolences to the family. Another talent gone.
Gurren Rodan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Both points of this news story make me want to cry, albeit for different reasons.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:48 pm Reply with quote
When the building's torn down, and the memorial is put up to honor the 35 (and may there not be one more), I'm making a pilgrimage there and plan to leave behind some flowers and a choice bottle of sake. Maybe the fallen we revere will drink up on their way to 天国 if they hadn't already left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1