• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE RPG Heads to Switch in January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping this version will be a little less censored this time, but going by the trailer, the outlook doesn't look good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I honestly don't care whats censored and whats not, I'm just happy this game is getting a Switch release.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 pm Reply with quote
not sure what i should expect with this game...i never played a fire emblem game, but I've played every SMT game/persona etc...weird crossover.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Considering the short amount of time from here until the release date, I'm assuming this game will be Japanese audio-only.
Darkabomination

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:04 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Considering the short amount of time from here until the release date, I'm assuming this game will be Japanese audio-only.

Considering the original release was sub-only, it's unlikely in the extreme it would be otherwise.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:01 am Reply with quote
This was one of the few games I was sad to not own a WiiU to play, but everything I did want for that system is now officially being ported to Switch or already has been (Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE). No regret for skipping that system entirely.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
I remember the unwarranted backlash this game got when it was first announced.

"Oh, only WEEBABOOS will like this crappy idol game! This isn't SMT! WTF Nintendo?!"

If only people knew at the time...
Rolling Eyes

v You act like its such an awful thing.

Last edited by Heishi on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:06 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, another port for the most port infested console.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:09 am Reply with quote
This game was pretty much Nintendo's take on Sakura Wars. And now Sakura Wars is being revived. Good timing to bring it back.
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:35 am Reply with quote
Very pleasantly surprised by this announcement; I thought Nintendo would never even acknowledge the game again after it bombed by Wii U standards.

Ataru wrote:
Here's hoping this version will be a little less censored this time, but going by the trailer, the outlook doesn't look good.

The Japanese trailer also showed Aversa covered by mysterious purple mist, so it looks like the Japanese version is going to have the changes from the US version. The US and JP eshop pages list the same supported languages, so I guess they just wanted to make a single version to release in any territory. Not the end of the world, but definitely kinda sucky.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:21 am Reply with quote
I'm really kind of stunned they're porting it given the game was a complete flop.

Not that I'm complaining, glad it's getting a second chance, although I will only be interested if they tone it down on the needless censorship.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:39 am Reply with quote
Lizuka wrote:
I'm really kind of stunned they're porting it given the game was a complete flop.

Not that I'm complaining, glad it's getting a second chance, although I will only be interested if they tone it down on the needless censorship.

Well it was exclusive to a console no one owned
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:50 am Reply with quote
If they keep the censorship I will not buy it.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
The Japanese trailer also showed Aversa covered by mysterious purple mist, so it looks like the Japanese version is going to have the changes from the US version. The US and JP eshop pages list the same supported languages, so I guess they just wanted to make a single version to release in any territory. Not the end of the world, but definitely kinda sucky.

I just hope they copy and pasted the English trailer because of convenience. The game is good (despite Berry creeping me out at times) but censorship is bad. I guess we'll have to wait until something is said or final re-release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:01 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Lizuka wrote:

Well it was exclusive to a console no one owned
Even then, as a first party game, without much competition upon release, you would expect it to at least reach a million.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2