• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Adds Tatsuya Endō's Spy x Family Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:18 am Reply with quote
So Viz adds Spy x Family but not Jujutsu Kaisen, Act Age and Chainsaw Man. Unreal.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So Viz adds Spy x Family but not Jujutsu Kaisen, Act Age and Chainsaw Man. Unreal.

All three of those are already on the app. And Jujutsu Kaisen, at least, is confirmed for a print release starting in December.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:23 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

All three of those are already on the app. And Jujutsu Kaisen, at least, is confirmed for a print release starting in December.

Can confirm, each of those series has already been picked up by Viz. Personally I'm very happy about this Spy x Family announcement, it's one of my favorite new series.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:03 am Reply with quote
I read through what's available on the app last night, holy crap this is funny.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

I didn't know those 3 mangas are on Viz app, thanks for mention about it. But good for Spy x Family and I like that new manga.
Morry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Spy x Family is consistently the 3rd most popular digital title on manga plus, currently the 2nd between One Piece and Dragon Ball Super. The fact it's even competing with those two juggernauts warrants a print release more than any other on the platform. This was a good choice and will gladly buy this in print.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Good choice! Now I’m just waiting for the series to get enough material to animate! Laughing
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:07 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Spy x Family is consistently the 3rd most popular digital title on manga plus, currently the 2nd between One Piece and Dragon Ball Super. The fact it's even competing with those two juggernauts warrants a print release more than any other on the platform. This was a good choice and will gladly buy this in print.

I'll add that's also competing against My Hero Academia and Naruto & Dragon Ball re-editions (and also Boruto).

I was wondering... anyone has licensed Hell's Paradise (Jigokuraku) yet?
kpossibles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:59 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
Morry wrote:

I'll add that's also competing against My Hero Academia and Naruto & Dragon Ball re-editions (and also Boruto).

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Hell's Paradise has been licensed by Viz for quite some time. I forget if they've announced a print release date yet.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:07 am Reply with quote
kpossibles wrote:
kgw wrote:

I'm not sure if you're joking, but Hell's Paradise has been licensed by Viz for quite some time. I forget if they've announced a print release date yet.

Thanks. I didn't read that news, and I do not live in the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1