• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Kyousei Tsukui Reveals ALS Diagnosis

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
methedemon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 am Reply with quote
Terrible disease... Crying or Very sad

But I am glad he is in good spirit. Maybe some new treatment will emerge in the near future.
Banjo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
the worst disease. Sad
Aresef

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:22 pm Reply with quote
That’s just the worst. A prisoner in your own body.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:15 pm Reply with quote
As someone who has the honor of knowing him personally, I can say with confidence that Tsukui-san is such a good person. Not only is he a voice actor, he also teaches voice acting hopefuls at voice acting schools. There are so many people working in the VA industry right now thanks to having him as a teacher.

It's so horrible that this happened, and so suddenly. He's a ball of energy whenever I see him. But his thoughts about continuing work despite his illness are very him, and I deeply respect him.

Sorry for the long post--just wanted people to know a little bit more about him.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:37 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
As someone who has the honor of knowing him personally, I can say with confidence that Tsukui-san is such a good person. Not only is he a voice actor, he also teaches voice acting hopefuls at voice acting schools. There are so many people working in the VA industry right now thanks to having him as a teacher.

It's so horrible that this happened, and so suddenly. He's a ball of energy whenever I see him. But his thoughts about continuing work despite his illness are very him, and I deeply respect him.

Sorry for the long post--just wanted people to know a little bit more about him.

In the list of people who should be sorry for their long posts, you are... not in the list at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1