• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Anime's 4th Season Listed With 25 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aki_Leaves

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 am Reply with quote
I predict cour one will be the whole internship arc while cour two will be the school festival and the class A/B battles. With maybe some of the Endeavor arc at the end to hype season 5.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:51 am Reply with quote
The first episode is probably gonna be a recap again. UUUUGGGGGHHH Mad
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:24 am Reply with quote
Aki_Leaves wrote:
I predict cour one will be the whole internship arc while cour two will be the school festival and the class A/B battles. With maybe some of the Endeavor arc at the end to hype season 5.
That's if they decide not stretching this whole rescue arc for the entirety of the season, 'cause I can definitely see that happening as well Rolling Eyes , hopefully not, it would be nice to get farther anime wise, obviously, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Marimo0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
Aki_Leaves wrote:

The Endeavor arc was before the Class A/B battles. And I doubt they're going to get through the class battles considering its length, especially when you have the remedial class arc to get through too.At a rate of about 2-3 chapters per episode and 24 episodes left in the season, it's probably more likely to end finishing the school festival or Endeavor arc.
Hal14

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:43 am Reply with quote
My guess:

First EP for Recap (confirmed)
(at least) 15 EP for Overhaul arc
2 EP for Remedial arc
6 EP for School Festival arc
and the last EP will be Chap 184/185 spoiler[(the new top ten)]
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 am Reply with quote
I feel like Pokemon Sun and Moon anime's next episodes for sunday is also gonna get delayed as well, i wrote ANN about the feedback about it.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:43 am Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I feel like Pokemon Sun and Moon anime's next episodes for sunday is also gonna get delayed as well, i wrote ANN about the feedback about it.
I believe you're in the wrong thread my good sir or ma'am.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
And the first episodes of the season is a pointless filler/recap episode..............because everyone loves those. I mean honestly we live in the age of streaming, so why are these even needed anymore? You can literally stream the other 3 seasons of this show if you're interested in it. Plus at this point the manga is 5 or 6 arcs ahead of the show, possibly more. There's no need to spin wheels and waste time.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:19 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
And the first episodes of the season is a pointless filler/recap episode..............because everyone loves those. I mean honestly we live in the age of streaming, so why are these even needed anymore? You can literally stream the other 3 seasons of this show if you're interested in it. Plus at this point the manga is 5 or 6 arcs ahead of the show, possibly more. There's no need to spin wheels and waste time.

If we want a new season every year there probably is a need though. The other option is to just go back to 13 episode seasons a year with zero filler which wouldnt really be much better.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:46 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Lord Vaultman"]
getumbuck wrote:

If we want a new season every year there probably is a need though. The other option is to just go back to 13 episode seasons a year with zero filler which wouldnt really be much better.

Why is it needed? We only get 24 episodes a year. Most episodes only cover 2 chapters at most and like I said the manga is waaaaaay ahead of the anime.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:21 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:

The recaps are definitely more for the casual viewer who might be turning through the stations, or be interested in starting the show in the middle - the show definitely isn't built around streaming in foreign markets considering how big it is. Detective Conan does a very similar thing, and it never takes breaks, so it's definitely a concession to make sure the most amount of people are on board with the show.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:23 pm Reply with quote
getumbuck wrote:
Not everyone that's watching the series streams and/or reads the manga (I'm in both camps, personally; I'm waiting for Toonami to get S4 and I don't read or collect the manga due to space issues). I'm not sure how the streaming numbers are in Japan, either. It's possible that binge watching (or binge re-watching) in Japan really isn't that popular compared to here in the US, so having an opening recap episode isn't a bad idea for those that haven't seen anything since Season 3 ended and/or hadn't re-watched any parts of the series since then.
Everlasting Coconut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:09 am Reply with quote
Aki_Leaves wrote:

There's just no way they're gonna be able to cram that much material into one season.

HAL64's predictions are more reasonable imo. I just really hope it ends with the school festival. The end to that arc would make the perfect ending for season 4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1