• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Games for Good Boys and Girls

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm Reply with quote
One of the other things that got brought up with regards to GG2020 is that it's going to have dual audio. The dub for Xrd (well, Bedman at least) sounded pretty alright so it's nice to have them taking a crack at it again.

Also that music selection for the KOF stage is wonderful. The fact that Armored Scrum Object gets rep floored me.
Xavon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Good boys and girls...

Like Bayonetta? Or how about some of Zero Suit Samus's costumes?
Hal14

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Good boys and girls...

Mai shows more skin than all the female characters on smash, combined.
The only characters that come close are Ryu and Ken
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays demo is nice, the game looks decent, and has a clean interface, and I can transfer my progress to the full game which is good because I already have Plutone and Abulhool Type F.

Sakurai got censored by CERO most likely due to stricter rules when it comes to violence and sexual content when it comes to the A rating, Nintendo isn't willing to show some balls like everyone else and just give the game a B rating. I wonder what catci CERO sat on because they've been a pain lately.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Mai has got a few alt outfit s that are much safer, like her dom one or the motw one, but they are not iconic; pachinkof also has her wearing a grecoroman wrestling style black bodysuit under her traditional outfit. but what's the point of putting a charcter there without his/her traditional outfit.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Whether you do or don't enjoy the game, remember not to be an aggressive jerk to people online who feel differently about it, okay? Hideo Kojima doesn't need your defense, nor are his feelings going to be hurt because somebody else dislikes his game.

Haha, thank you Heidi, THANK YOU!! You know, next time I see some people getting heated up on social media and online forums over Death Stranding, I will just toss up / share this great quote with them. Hopefully you won't mind Cool
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 am Reply with quote
-SSB: Yeah, Terry's a whole lot of fun to play. Also, the MASSIVE music selection he brought to the game has also made quite a few people note that Square's FF offerings on that front are utterly pathetic. Oh well, at least we got DQ tracks

-Guilty Gear: Rock on

-Hilde: And her fanservice upgrade is...no helmet and form-fitting armor. Yup, still Hilde. I was expecting her at some point considering all the references to Wolfkrone in the initial launch, but didn't expect her to kick off Season 2. Still, looking forward to her Soul Chronicle
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:29 am Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Good boys and girls...

Bayonetta was censored quite a bit in Smash. Rather than getting naked when she uses her powers, she just shows a bit of arm and leg. Even fighters like Palutena and Assist Trophies like Lyn were given shorts to wear under their dress because they showed too much thigh. Kamui had her thighs censored as well. Samus' alt costumes are probably the most revealing thing in the game, but they also don't show any cleavage or ass cheek, which seems to be the main issue.

Mai's popularity and iconic status is her cleavage/thighs/ass and the jiggle physics surrounding them. There's really no way to put that in a CERO A game.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 am Reply with quote
I'd have been fine with Mai standing back to in her kimono and parasol watching over her shoulder. It's a standard thing for her to wear both before and after matches so it works and it's a bit of a jab at people complaining about censorship, "ha ha, she's entirely covered up and you can't say anything about it because it's something normal for her to wear."

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crispy45

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'd have been fine with Mai standing back to in her kimono and parasol watching over her shoulder. It's a standard thing for her to wear both before and after matches so it works and it's a bit of a jab at people complaining about censorship, "ha ha, she's entirely covered up and you can't say anything about it because it's something normal for her to wear."

Sakurai never struck me as a mean spirited or spiteful person so I do not see why he would ever do something like that. He clearly appreciates and respects the Fatal Fury fanbase (perhaps he's a fan himself) and realized a watered down, hollow version of Mai would leave fans disappointed so he decided to avoid doing that.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:53 am Reply with quote
Mai Shiranui not in Super Smash Bros: Well, it can be hard to imagine to include Mai Shiranui in the game, and if they included her, the game could be ended up CERO C in Japan, ESRB for M and PEGI 16. But still, they need to follow some censorship if they wanted to include her, but i guess that's the Nintendo's choice.

Persona 5 new game: This is really cool game though!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Metal Slug,

Which apparently doesn't have either the original or an arrangement of Final Attack the recurring theme for the final bosses. Hell they don't even have Midnight Wandering from 3.

And I was already miffed about the trash remixes (and weird track picks) for Pokemon Sun & Moon and Black & White.

maximilianjenus wrote:
Mai has got a few alt outfit s that are much safer, like her dom one or the motw one, but they are not iconic; pachinkof also has her wearing a grecoroman wrestling style black bodysuit under her traditional outfit. but what's the point of putting a charcter there without his/her traditional outfit.

Because the characters are far more iconic themselves than their outfits. That's why so long running game series with recurring characters aren't afraid to change their looks or their outfits.

Commander Cluck wrote:
Even fighters like Palutena and Assist Trophies like Lyn were given shorts to wear under their dress because they showed too much thigh.

Which I find curious since following Melee they made it harder for you to pan the camera to look up the skirts of characters like Peach and Zelda.
Hal14

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

maximilianjenus wrote:

Because the characters are far more iconic themselves than their outfits. That's why so long running game series with recurring characters aren't afraid to change their looks or their outfits.

For a lot of characters, even ones from long-running games, their outfits are a major part of their identity and appeal. It's not easy to separate a character from their outfit. Yes, characters might change outfits, but they rarely abandon the previous ones completely. The colour scheme might be the same; they might keep a particular piece of clothing or their old outfits might be an option. Link, for example, has both his blue tunic from BotW and his more traditional green outfit.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
HAL14 wrote:

For a lot of characters, even ones from long-running games, their outfits are a major part of their identity and appeal. It's not easy to separate a character from their outfit.

Unless they're Athena whose the only SNK character to wear a completely different outfit for every KOF game.

HAL14 wrote:

Yes, characters might change outfits, but they rarely abandon the previous ones completely. The colour scheme might be the same; they might keep a particular piece of clothing or their old outfits might be an option.

Gotta have something to sell for DLC after all.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
Sakurai pretty much confirmed that it was about showing panties, by saying that they had problems with the wiiu version and that's why some character have a super dark black hole inside thier skirt, so you can't see anything. He literalyl said that Cero would put the characters upside down to look under thir skirt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2