• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Itai no wa Iya nano de Bōgyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Anime Casts Satomi Arai, Re

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:51 pm Reply with quote
And another anime with very long title. Why don't this trend dying?
XSp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Kuroko/Beatrice as a boy? Kinda weird I guess...
Slim Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Hm, to become effectively immortal due to a VIT stat dump and a couple unique tanking skills. Sounds like a more reasonable premise than that one where the ability to reverse time, steal techniques, shape shift, and brainwash are all considered "healing" skills.

Sorry not the place but the overall logic behind the powers in Redo of Healer just rubbed me the wrong way lol.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:41 am Reply with quote
Satoi Arai in a boy mhhh, also, I don't know this character so this clearly surpasses the 62 chapters that I have read.
Sabruness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Slim Reaper wrote:
Hm, to become effectively immortal due to a VIT stat dump and a couple unique tanking skills. Sounds like a more reasonable premise than that one where the ability to reverse time, steal techniques, shape shift, and brainwash are all considered "healing" skills.

Sorry not the place but the overall logic behind the powers in Redo of Healer just rubbed me the wrong way lol.

It kinda parodies both gaming balance and min/maxing in a pretty funny way. All of her powers are acquired in sometimes unexpected or accidental, yet completely legitimate, ways that are theoretically possible in the game. It ties into one of the running jokes where she drives the developers mad by doing things that were put into the game but are overlooked because they seem illogical or impossible and how the devs have to try and balance things without nerfing her into the ground. spoiler[They try but most of the time... their efforts end up having the opposite effect when it leads Maple to accidentally discovering something else which leads to her OPness staying the same or getting even more OP.]

=================
This story is one where the literal translated novel actually sounds so much better than the hodge-podge translated one not to mention i'm a little suspicious about the wording and grammar of the hodge-podge title.

I cant wait for this as i love off-the-wall SoL comedy with oddball characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1