• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Blade of the Immortal Gets Lost in the Ultraviolence

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, this is one of the rare anime in recent years that really could shock me. I thought that I had long been accustomed to violence in such works, but this show is able to make it so repulsive or immoral that some moments are painful to watch. Especially in those moments when this show begins to receive some kind of weird pleasure from the misogyny and suffering of female characters. In general, it’s hard for me to believe that the same author also wrote a serious working title with a strong female protagonist.
Levonr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm fine with the violence, I just find its story too rushed and choppy. Its one of my favorite manga so its a shame they couldn't just take their time instead of trying to cram 30 books into 24 episodes. Its flawed but I still like it.
Denys Lalande

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Bone -- teeth, especially -- do make reasonable edged weapons; the Polynesians have a "sword" which is two pieces of wood with Teeth sandwiched between... and given they are a salt-water-seafaring culture, take a wild guess *where* those Teeth come from....

{GASHUNK]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:14 am Reply with quote
When it was first announced as a full adaptation, I immediately had worries about its pacing. I had a feeling they'd try to cram all of it in like 2 cours and it seems that's exactly what they are doing. 30 volumes / 200 chapters in like 24 episodes just isn't gonna work.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
When it was first announced as a full adaptation, I immediately had worries about its pacing. I had a feeling they'd try to cram all of it in like 2 cours and it seems that's exactly what they are doing. 30 volumes / 200 chapters in like 24 episodes just isn't gonna work.
If you've read the Manga then yes it defiantly does not work, but as an Anime only viewer, I haven't felt like anything has been rushed. In fact it actually feels like a rather slow paced show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1