• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Junko's 'Kiss Him, Not Me' Shōjo Romantic Comedy Manga Gets Live-Action Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait for twitter to bring up fat shaming accusations like when the anime was announced xD
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:16 am Reply with quote
I'll be interested to see how the story translates to live-action.
Cat's Tuxedo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:34 am Reply with quote
It does seem weird to get different actresses for the same character. Were prosthetics just not on the table? It'd have definitely helped in making her a lot bigger than that.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Richmyster84 wrote:
Can't wait for twitter to bring up fat shaming accusations like when the anime was announced xD

Ehhh... It kinda does have fat-shaming. I know other manga like His Favourite, Ugly Duckling that had fat protags and did a much better job with their weight imo. I didn't need to go on twitter or any social media to know this too. Besides twitter, a lot of other sites and fans outside of online talked about this too.

I have a couple of manga the mangaka did but they do share some history of doing this with their other characters. One BL had the main protag annoyed at the love interest but when they became skinny? He wasn't "annoying" anymore. As I said, I do have some I like they made. Just not that and this manga. I wish so badly to get past this by how much I adore the art style but I can't. If you can then you're lucky.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1