• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fuji TV Producer Discusses Their Increasing Focus on BL Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Someday we can buy physical copies of Etranger in america...

In any case, hope BL comes to TV again. Please BLue Lynx also more high schoolers/college folk, no more business men in suits, please,
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:03 pm Reply with quote
According to the article this was translated from, Saezuru sold 1.5 million copies (over 6 volumes)? Thats pretty popular- much more than I expected.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She emphasized that the sexual depictions are very important to the story and the emotional states of the characters.

I've heard someone say that about the smut scene scenes in BL. That's actually a very interesting perspective if you ask me. I like BL and GL (or just any type of romance I find interesting regardless of gender) so knowing that they want the original source material to be true for not for smut reasons only but how they are acting to connect or about their inner emotions is, again, an interesting perspective.

Sex and sexual expression aren't very much talked about in media. We hear it a lot in RL but never in media. I hope more for all types of romance to talk more about this.

Last edited by capt_bunny on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
meronichan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I am very happy that this exists. There are MANY BL manga (or manga with BL elements) that could use either a remake due to being unfinished (Petshop of Horrors, Descendants of Darkness, Loveless, FAKE, Song of the Wind and Trees, pretty much anything by CLAMP before Chobits,...) or have never been animated yet. With the success of projects like Banana Fish and Yuri on Ice, there's definitely a market for it.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Wish the best for them. Always want more genres and the likes to be given more presence.
Maleko Ai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I wish the best for this company and I'm thankful for their existence. I hope for more interesting and good choices for BL.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I hope this label will adapt a wider variety of BL and not just slice of life or angsty romance but stuff like fantasy and sci-go that also has BL elements to them. Basically more works like that “This Boy” series.
harminia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:28 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
no more business men in suits, please,

more men in suits please

Samiamiam wrote:
According to the article this was translated from, Saezuru sold 1.5 million copies (over 6 volumes)? Thats pretty popular- much more than I expected.

It's actually a pretty highly regarded series, I believe. It gets in top 10 of manga lists often, and not just yaoi only lists

capt_bunny wrote:
I've heard someone say that about the smut scene scenes in BL. That's actually a very interesting perspective if you ask me. I like BL and GL (or just any type of romance I find interesting regardless of gender) so knowing that they want the original source material to be true for not for smut reasons only but how they are acting to connect or about their inner emotions is, again, an interesting perspective.

Sex in this series is pretty important; the main characters are a masochist who seeks out sex but has no interest in emotional attachments, and an impotent man who is attracted more to personality than just sexual appeal (tho he feels that too).
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:
Яeverse wrote:
no more business men in suits, please,

more men in suits please.

How about some Gengoroh Tagame?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1