• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seattle's Sakura-Con 2020 Convention Canceled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
theaters must limit screenings to 100 attendees, who must sit at least six feet apart. AMC Theaters and Regal Cinemas announced similar policies for their locations throughout the United States

In Omaha, Nebraska this basically kills anime movies at least, because they're only ever in the smallest auditoriums. Though, if this really peaks in May like experts are predicting, then Made in Abyss (AMC) and Fate Stay/Night Heaven's Feel III (Marcus theaters via Fathom) should have their screenings canceled/postponed a few months anyway. As much as I want to see these movies ASAP (I complained almost non stop about how long Tenki no Ko took to come over), it would be irresponsible for these events to not be postponed.

Peaking in May is only if we're doing a good job. And there's a lot of arrogant people still acting like everything is normal. I honestly don't think we'll peak until later due to how bad we're dealing with this.

AMD's site says theaters will be limited to 50% of max capacity.
chrisc1978

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
theaters must limit screenings to 100 attendees, who must sit at least six feet apart. AMC Theaters and Regal Cinemas announced similar policies for their locations throughout the United States

https://twitter.com/RegalMovies

Quote:
Regal announces closure of all theatre locations starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020, as a precaution amid the current circumstances. All theatres will remain closed until further notice. Please check back soon. We look forward to serving you again as soon as possible.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Theater closings have been announced for numerous areas. So it is only a short matter of time before almost all theaters will be closed down.

With all these closures (theater, bars, restraurants, etc), there are going to be a lot of people laid off, for several months. Unemployment insurance ain't going to cut it, for those able to even get it.
meruru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Peaking in May is only if we're doing a good job. And there's a lot of arrogant people still acting like everything is normal. I honestly don't think we'll peak until later due to how bad we're dealing with this.

Uh.... I'm pretty sure if we do badly, we'll peak earlier rather than later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1