• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime's Video Reveals English Dub Cast for Hashira

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:57 pm Reply with quote
They nailed the casting with the Hashiras. All of them sound similar to their Japanese seiyuu’s in some capacity. And the script also seems nicely constructed. I’ve only seen a few episodes of the dub but I’m definitely going to watch from the beginning after seeing this trailer.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I'd say most of them are who I would have expected, but Crispin Freeman is a nice surprise since he mostly does video games these days. Then again, they did get Steve Blum in despite the reduction in anime he does, so maybe I shouldn't have been that surprised.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I’m so excited to see Crispin Freeman in this dub as he’s always been one of my favorite dub actors but I can’t even remember the last time I heard him in an anime.
BasketBalljones

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I’m so excited to see Crispin Freeman in this dub as he’s always been one of my favorite dub actors but I can’t even remember the last time I heard him in an anime.

Crispin has been in some Netflix original anime like Ingress, but most notably he was in Mamoru Hosoda's latest animated film Mirai.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 pm Reply with quote
BasketBalljones wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Crispin has been in some Netflix original anime like Ingress, but most notably he was in Mamoru Hosoda's latest animated film Mirai.

He also voiced the main antagonist in the film Promare.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I didn't get to see Promare in theaters but that makes me even more excited to watch it. According to Wikipedia, the last anime TV series Freeman was in before Ingress was God Eater in 2016. But he was also in the first Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel movie in 2018.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1