• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Strike Witches: Road to Berlin TV Anime's 2nd Video Reveals October Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:55 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah my Anime of the year coming out soon Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:58 am Reply with quote
It's finally dated, can't wait !
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:07 pm Reply with quote
anyone remember Strike Witches? The anime wouldn't be allowed to be made today but was absolutely significant in saving a known studio from bankruptcy.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
The anime wouldn't be allowed to be made today

It's still being made today.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:
The anime wouldn't be allowed to be made today

It's still being made today.

how?
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
anyone remember Strike Witches? The anime wouldn't be allowed to be made today but was absolutely significant in saving a known studio from bankruptcy.

Firstly it didn’t save Gonzo. They made season one and then crashed and burned on their Shangri La project and have been limping along ever since. Strike witches season 2, the movie, the OVAs, and Brave witches are all made by different studios.

Last edited by ScruffyKiwi on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:17 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

Firstly it didn’t save Gonzo. They made season one and then crashed and burned on their Shangri La project and have been limping along ever since. Strike witches season 2, the movIe and Brave witches are all made by different studios.

that sounds more like incompetent handling after some good than the anime bombing.

I don't even like Strike Witches much, but am pretty happy I remember or know it somehow in 2020. I think the anime is classified as animated CP so not many people would want to talk about it in public or even claim to own it.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
I think the anime is classified as animated CP so not many people would want to talk about it in public or even claim to own it.

It's classified as no such thing. It even isn't the first of it's kind, before the first Strike Witches there was Sky Girls(no relation). And compared to many modern animes, the first season is pretty tame...
cookiemanstah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:
I think the anime is classified as animated CP so not many people would want to talk about it in public or even claim to own it.

It's classified as no such thing. It even isn't the first of it's kind, before the first Strike Witches there was Sky Girls(no relation). And compared to many modern animes, the first season is pretty tame...

it's tame, alright, definitely compared to Illya. But it's still mainly for lolicons. I'm definitely no such thing but I still own the whole franchise on a whim and am waiting for new content.
Pandsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:14 pm Reply with quote
I can't take all the whooosh!
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:

I'd love to see some more anime that push the limit in terms of military anime girls. Or better yet, cute girls engaging in sword fighting and horseback sword fighting. Pretty bloody and violent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1