• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Raise a Perfect Angel with Evangelion Tamagotchi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:30 am Reply with quote
I thought Tamagotchis where in color now, or are they going with a retro feel? throw back 1999?
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:28 am Reply with quote
It's been a while since I saw some weird Evangelion merchandise, I think the last one that caught my attention was a cake in the shape of an Angel's core and a water bottle in the shape of an Entry Plug (perfect for Tang Laughing ).
I never actually owned a Tamagotchi despite being a kid during the time when it was popular, a couple of friends had one but it never caught my attention. Still, I think this is kind of cute and pretty funny considering that this is Evangelion related, raising your own Angel. Although I think this would be better as a Digimon Virtual Pet crossover.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Silver Kirin wrote:
It's been a while since I saw some weird Evangelion merchandise, I think the last one that caught my attention was a cake in the shape of an Angel's core and a water bottle in the shape of an Entry Plug (perfect for Tang Laughing ).
I never actually owned a Tamagotchi despite being a kid during the time when it was popular, a couple of friends had one but it never caught my attention. Still, I think this is kind of cute and pretty funny considering that this is Evangelion related, raising your own Angel. Although I think this would be better as a Digimon Virtual Pet crossover.

They would have to build their own lore and world around it, but Digmon lore is all about crossing worlds, like there are other worlds other then the Digital World and Real World but most worlds work like Digital World of mind controls matter witch Evangelion also has in it's themes.

But yeah they could do a Manga story crossover, have the Angels come from some kind of Digital Space like D-Reaper realm or some crap. That attacks the Real World thought the Digital World witch kicks Digimon around. EVAs are crossbreeds of Reapers and Digimon. They are mostly stuck in Champion from or the tamer has to fuse with Rookie form EVA, and can dedigivole if they run out energy and they also have the power to go Ultimate or Mega. Ideas that could sell as models and toys
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Most whacky Eva merch I don't have any interest in but this is actually pretty clever and cool and I'm impressed with the level of thought they put into the toys' lore when this could have been just a cheap throwaway tie in thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1