• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf, Nozomi Ent. Add Gundam Build Fighters: GM's Counterattack, Gundam Build Fighters T

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Awesome to see the first batch of news come out of the Anime Lockdown 'virtual' convention!

Really looking forward to the Discotek panel on Sunday!
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Really wondering what's (not?) happening with the blu-ray releases for Captain Tylor and Gundam Seed.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Build Fghters' TV specials are getting a Blu-ray over here. Hoping they'll do Build Divers eventually.
LightningCount

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I hope they do something like this for Gundam SEED and give us Stargazer and Astray bundled together!
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:28 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
Really wondering what's (not?) happening with the blu-ray releases for Captain Tylor and Gundam Seed.

In the ANNCast Shawne Kleckner said when they release Captain Tylor on BD they want to do it right, and also was looking into exactly how to market/release it since he was interested in art books/extras and was looking into how to gauge public interest in said releases. Since they just finished up the Aria Kickstarter campaign and Emma is still in production I’d imagine we will get news in the next year on how they plan to release it but honestly I can’t imagine the pandemic will help anything.

As per Gundam Seed the word was “nothing to say at this time” but I’d imagine it’s something that’s coming down The pipe line.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am Reply with quote
Does the Galaxy Angel franchise have that big a following? Just wondering.... Confused
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Does the Galaxy Angel franchise have that big a following? Just wondering.... Confused

Not in the US, I guess (the dub was halted midway through the fourth season), but it was popular enough in Japan to get 5 seasons. Personally, I think it was a really funny show, particularly in the third season, and I'm glad Nozomi is still releasing it on Blu-ray.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
njprogfan wrote:

Not in the US, I guess (the dub was halted midway through the fourth season), but it was popular enough in Japan to get 5 seasons.

And the fifth was handled by Bandai Visual USA (not to be confused with Bandai Entertainment who handled the others) and those who remember those releases probably remember how much heat they had over the pricing.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-04-10/fans-confront-bandai-visual-about-pricing
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I preferred the Gundam Build series verse the current Driver ones. I just think it's lost it's thing, that made it good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1