Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Muv-Luv: Alternative in Animation' Project's Teaser Video Shows Takemikazuchi in Action




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cookiemanstah



Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 296
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:04 pm Reply with quote
im seriously wondering if this could even work as an anime for a wholleeee lot of reasons
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nachtwandler



Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Posts: 221
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they have a decent budget this time.

Total Eclipse was long enough, but literally busted all budget for the first 3 eps. And Swarzenmarken was much better but a lot of content were cut to fit it in 12 eps (and to avoid some rctra censoring).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cookiemanstah



Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 296
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
I just hope they have a decent budget this time.
but a lot of content were cut to fit it in 12 eps (and to avoid some rctra censoring).

muv-luv is a hardcore pornomancer franchise so i'm wondering how MLA would be inevitably rewritten as an anime to bleach the pronz and gore. Especially the infamous bits toward the last laps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnHawk



Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:16 pm Reply with quote
cookiemanstah wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:
I just hope they have a decent budget this time.
but a lot of content were cut to fit it in 12 eps (and to avoid some rctra censoring).

muv-luv is a hardcore pornomancer franchise so i'm wondering how MLA would be inevitably rewritten as an anime to bleach the pronz and gore. Especially the infamous bits toward the last laps


There's only like 2 total scenes in MLA specifically that are "porn" (and one of them is the reason you hesitate to suggest it to friends) but I assume given that there's all ages versions that I've never read I assume they already found a way to write around it.
Gore is whatever, tons of anime have gore these days just means you gotta air it at 1am

My biggest worry is that they'll try to do it in 26 episodes and that's... not enough. The reading time for MLA is about as long as all 3 arcs of F/SN combined and a good version of UBW needed 26~ eps alone for its story. Trying to cram all of MLA into that time is guaranteed to fudge it up so I would hope they dont and just aim for the stars and assume they'll get a second two cour season making it 50 odd eps like all good mechas are
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fantaselion



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 332
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Hmm seems like working from a home computer to render a giant crowd in a limited time frame is a bad idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cookiemanstah



Joined: 09 Dec 2013
Posts: 296
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:07 am Reply with quote
JohnHawk wrote:
cookiemanstah wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:
I just hope they have a decent budget this time.
but a lot of content were cut to fit it in 12 eps (and to avoid some rctra censoring).

muv-luv is a hardcore pornomancer franchise so i'm wondering how MLA would be inevitably rewritten as an anime to bleach the pronz and gore. Especially the infamous bits toward the last laps


There's only like 2 total scenes in MLA specifically that are "porn" (and one of them is the reason you hesitate to suggest it to friends) but I assume given that there's all ages versions that I've never read I assume they already found a way to write around it.
Gore is whatever, tons of anime have gore these days just means you gotta air it at 1am

My biggest worry is that they'll try to do it in 26 episodes and that's... not enough. The reading time for MLA is about as long as all 3 arcs of F/SN combined and a good version of UBW needed 26~ eps alone for its story. Trying to cram all of MLA into that time is guaranteed to fudge it up so I would hope they dont and just aim for the stars and assume they'll get a second two cour season making it 50 odd eps like all good mechas are

unlimited and extra have tons of pronz and Muv-Luv in general is a clear cut H-franchise in spirit and marketing. There's a lot of other questionable content I'm seriously wondering about making it to become a decent anime design even up to the BETA designs.

Graphic content aside, that's if it works at all to begin with yeah. You don't get 50+ episode anime much anymore outside of some exceptions, and Muv-Luv needs that or you'll get Umineko Da Anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yttrbio
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 3222
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:35 am Reply with quote
Yes, we know you hate porn. People have been making anime from porn games for decades, it's not some new technology that we have to wonder about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnHawk



Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 53
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:58 am Reply with quote
Also the anime project is specifically for Alternative and not Extra or Unlimited so who gives a fudge about however much fudge is in those inferior products
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Konopan



Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 385
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Are we really still gonna have this UUUHHH MOM THIS EROGE HAD OOGA BOOGA NAKEY SCENES HOW CAN IT BE ANIMATED talk after HF2 worked just fine with a sex scene that'd be considered tame for a PG13 movie? MLE/U aren't nukige and both have all-ages versions. The amount of integration they'd have into an Alternative-specific adaptation really isn't gonna be dependant on which characters Takeru banged
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Napul



Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:39 pm Reply with quote
There was an interview with developers that confirmed three things!
1) Anime project has no clear form yet, or full plan what exactly include, but its clear focus will be primarily just Alternative.
2) Developers live in the belief that it is impossible to adapt the whole Muv-Luv trilogy story, without ending about 360 episodes. So they probably will not even try to do that. But still, there is interest in multiple season thing.
3) Right now is no clear, how or whether they include the content of Extra or Unlimited into anime, but they are aware that they must incorporate something to make the story of Alternative solely work. However, is quite possible that instead of Extra and Unlimited, they try to do something new, suggesting anime original prequel stories set in Alternative universe as one possibility. But nothing is set into stone right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wrangler



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Posts: 1300
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Funny thing is i never seen porn related issues with both Manga series dealing with BETA. I actually hate the gore stuff that was in anime, which wasn't a thing in either Manga series i've read.

Not sure how they will do it this time around. Cool Mecha or not.
I don't even know of any gaming sites that hosts the unedited version of this stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabruness



Joined: 23 Oct 2019
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 12:00 pm Reply with quote
They dont need Extra or Unlimited. All they honestly need is Alternative. Alternative is the perfect 'complete' story already just by itself. I do agree that it needs a proper development and episode length to do it justice. Two 26 episode seasons at the minimum would be required to fit everything without quality-destroying cuts of the plot. Just in general, they should only do the absolute minimum legitimately necessary cuts to the story, if any, unless they want to go down the common 'butchered adaptation' road.

Honestly, i dont get why people bash on Total Eclipse. I love it and i honestly cant see any real problems to it. It's just too bad that they only animated the novels and didn't do the sequel VN that completed the story.
On the other hand, people seemed to like Schwarzesmarken but i felt like it was trying real hard to be edgy melodrama of a bunch of self-destructive communist wankers.

I would love to see more of the side stories animated as well, whether as series or OVAs, because the universe is just so rich of content.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group