• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan Outlines When Concerts, Events May Resume After COVID-19 State of Emergency

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:29 am Reply with quote
well, get ready for cases to spike then. Really just not a safe thing to do. 50% still seems too high with how close seats tend to be
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Baffling decision to me that JPN but also many other places wanted to resume these large events so fast. Just because a room is capped at 50%, your just cramming 1K people even closer together.

Also as they say, it just takes one person going to one of thes events, going to a bar afterwards to celebrate, going to a diner for breakfast the next day, and poof spreading event.

didn't the first outbreak in SK happen because of some person at a 1K+ person church event.

Would just cancel all large gatherings until 2021 WW (especially if you're letting people from overseas come, a temp scan and "questionnaire" is not effective (see the nursing home study recently published)
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I understand lessing the restrictions, but it a little to soon for live events. I hope they listen to the doctors to make sure this ok since rushing this will only cause more problems later on..
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:09 pm Reply with quote
What Japan will need to avoid while the number of cases reported daily goes down is another wave of infections, so gatherings in general are not going to be that easy to resume anytime soon.
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:18 am Reply with quote
But, correct me if I'm wrong, travel *to* Japan remains restricted?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 10:26 am Reply with quote
Aresef wrote:
But, correct me if I'm wrong, travel *to* Japan remains restricted?

as of yesterdays update

International travel restrictions previously instituted by the Government of Japan remain in place and unchanged despite the national state of emergency being lifted. U.S. citizens, to include those with resident status in Japan, generally remain prohibited from entering the country under the current travel restrictions.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:50 am Reply with quote
So will Animelo Summer Live 2020 (28/29/30 August) https://anisama.tv go ahead at Saitama Super Arena with 27,000 capacity audience?
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
So will Animelo Summer Live 2020 (28/29/30 August) https://anisama.tv go ahead at Saitama Super Arena with 27,000 capacity audience?

I'm gonna guess no.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1