• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - The Wasted Potential of Classroom of the Elite

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Classroom of the Elite reads to me like a series with immensely slow burn, where it takes ages for most of the plot points to get any real payoff, but what it does in the interim isn't the most exciting

To say the anime was "less than warmly received" is maybe a bit of an understatement. I remember some fans hating the anime lol. I haven't read very much of the books myself but Ayanokoji doesnt feel as...emotionally constipated as he does in the anime?

The girls are quite attractive for sure, but the cheesecake in this show is a poor fit
gridsleep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Name all the anime that are on a level with Steak'n'Shake. Not a challenge. It would take all year. Just something to think about.
Gamen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:55 pm Reply with quote
It's a little thing, but I have to ask how hyperbolic the "backbreaking pose" comment is supposed to be.... because for shits and giggles I read the rest of the banter lying down on my couch with my back twisted over 45 degrees with no discomfort, and I'm both so out of shape that I'm likely to die before I hit 70, and nowhere near as flexible as a young woman, so I'd've expected that pose to be no big deal at all... And if anything, holding that pose on my bed stretched my stomach muscles in ways I wasn't prepared for, but not a peep from my back.
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:41 pm Reply with quote
One of the major complaints about season 1, which wouldn't be apparent to anime-only viewers, is that Kei Karuizawa gets almost completely ignored in season 1, with a majority of her scenes/lines being restructured and given to Horikita instead. The novel is definitely a slow-burn that takes its time developing the characters, but relegating her to the sidelines is definitely gonna hurt her development in future seasons, since her scenes were basically stolen and given to someone else.
BaronViolet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:58 am Reply with quote
Honestly this anime is way too unlikeable. Most of tye cast are completely unlikeable and horrible (especially that bitch teacher).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1