• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Symphogear Season 1 Director Tatsufumi Itō Passes Away at 55

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:42 am Reply with quote
So sad to hear. Rest in peace to him, and I my love to his family. Thank you for helping bring us so much happiness.
theflex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:18 am Reply with quote
Thanks for helping Symphogear come to life!

S1 is a bit flawed, but without that we would never have the chance to see the other season (especially the amazing fifth and final).

Thank you and R.I.P.
Generations

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:36 am Reply with quote
Rest in peace. S1 was my favourite Symphogear season, and was definitely the best of the series.

Yes, the other seasons were more flashy, had more budget, and had more songs to spare, but only the first season felt like a complete season with a three act structure and proper character development for all major characters involved. It was definitely a case of substance over style.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 am Reply with quote
S1 was really the only one I enjoyed. But wow.... so many good shows on this resume. Lost another legend
VerQuality

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:59 am Reply with quote
So sad to hear. Symphogear S1 is one of my favourite anime series of all time, and several of the other series he worked on were terrific as well.
Soulstriker HF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Thank you sir, for helping bring Symphogear out into the world. I was playing X-Drive Unlimited when I passed through the article, too... Crying or Very sad

I watched Symphogear AFTER watching several shows, including dark magical girl shows, that end up with a pile of casualties. I wanted to get away from that, and Symphogear was just a random choice. I thought Miku would be my favorite character at first (because I usually pick one per show out of habit) but when Chris first sang she became my favorite character. She's in my top 5 favorite anime characters of all time too. I really like her songs.

Good memories there...

Also, I've been visiting ANN for years, but this is the first article that pushed me to finally make an account...
Multi-Facets

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:39 pm Reply with quote
[long moment of silence for Ito-san]
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I watched the whole of Symphogear in a month, and that would've never happened without a job well done in the first season.

Thank you for your services. May you rest in peace.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1