• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Unveils Wasteful Days of High School Girls Anime's English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:29 am Reply with quote
Its nice to see Genevieve Simmons in another Houston dub beyond that its very much a standard looking cast nothing grand about it.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:08 am Reply with quote
Not a show I would want to watch dubbed honestly. The Japanese cast added a lot to the feeling of the show that I think might be lost in the dub.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:45 am Reply with quote
I had little desire to watch the subbed stream because the show looked boring, but I might watch the dubbed version. Also, I am usually happy to hear Hilary Haag.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:
Not a show I would want to watch dubbed honestly. The Japanese cast added a lot to the feeling of the show that I think might be lost in the dub.

Amen. Kind of like Asobi Asobase.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:58 pm Reply with quote
CrypticPurpose wrote:
Amen. Kind of like Asobi Asobase.
This is weird, I came on just now to look that show up to see if ANN had a review, and just clicked this first to see the comments.
angelmcazares wrote:
I had little desire to watch the subbed stream because the show looked boring, but I might watch the dubbed version. Also, I am usually happy to hear Hilary Haag.
Yeah she is like Sean connery, even when she is in a bad show, she still gives an entertaining performance.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was a fun comedy that snuck up on me with how good it really was. It's still kind of weird to see it dubbed though. The dub looks capable but I wish the clip didn't feature Hilary Haag if only because I know what her character will sound like.

I'd prefer to hear Maggie Flecknoe's take on Yamamoto. She's not in every scene but in every scene she's in, there's a lot being done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1