• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Absorbs Osaka-Based Affiliate Animation Do

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:56 am Reply with quote
Does this actually change anything? I assume credits will no longer say "Animation DO" but other than that, what else might change?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 am Reply with quote
Given that they are citing losses, it is likely a cost saving measure. They may be consolidating administration activities or avoiding additional corporate expenses. It is also possible that most of staff has moved to the primary location to fill vacancies. This is not the sort of thing you would know unless you were an insider.

On the outside, you are probably right, just a change in credits.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Given that they are citing losses, it is likely a cost saving measure. They may be consolidating administration activities or avoiding additional corporate expenses. It is also possible that most of staff has moved to the primary location to fill vacancies. This is not the sort of thing you would know unless you were an insider.

I think you're probably right. I have to think it would be tough to fill that many vacancies with brand new people, and costs are going to be a problem as they try to get back on their feet.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:33 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I hope this works out for them. I hope everyone supports Maid Dragon S when it comes out!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1