• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: A Man and His Cat GN 1 & 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I need this in my life. I love sweet stories like this, especially involving pets. However 99% are seemingly geared towards women. Which I understand, they're the wider audience as opposed to myself. However, as a vet tech who has 6 cats currently (2 who came from a shelter and had been there for over a year and no one wanted) I feel like this is made for me.
NeedMoreCats
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I really really enjoyed this series. It was so sweet and lovely, emotionally honest and true. These are difficult times and this story is a soothing, calming balm for the soul. There’s nothing earth-shattering here—it’s low-key and slow—but such a completely charming read. I’ve had cats for most of my life, and I’m especially grateful to have them in my life for this horrible cluster-f*** of a year. If you have pets, you will enjoy this series. If you don’t have pets (but maybe wish you did?), this series will help fill the void. It’s like snuggling up in a warm cozy blanket on a cold winter’s night.
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:03 am Reply with quote
Reading this manga always makes me happy. It's just so pure and heartwarming.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it is merely an accidental coincidence that a book features Fukumaru the cat while the Internet's currently most famous cat is Maru.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:03 am Reply with quote
All cats, especially the ones often overlooked because they're not "cute" deserve love, good food and good catnip.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1