• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Get a Sneak Peak of the Life-Sized Moving Gundam Statue on Twitter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Clearly America must respond with a giant... Iron Giant? The robots from Pacific Rim?

Gee, we really don't have a lot of our own giant robots, huh?
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:00 am Reply with quote
It would be sort of hilarious if someone as a prank steals that giant Gundam. And it would kind of mirror certain Gundam shows too. I'm just joking though, please no one steal that thing for real.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you can steal this, it looks like it is always connected to the machine at his back.
Like when it did the steps in the testrun, it just moved its legs while the thing at the back pushed it forward. So I don't think it will be able to freely walk.

I would really like to know how exactly they built it, I assume the real machine is the thing behind it and the robo is an empty shell to keep it as light and dynamic as possible?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:29 pm Reply with quote
This is still a monumental example of engineering. I want it to light the Olympic Torch.
TexZero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Narutofreak1412 wrote:
I don't think you can steal this, it looks like it is always connected to the machine at his back.
Like when it did the steps in the testrun, it just moved its legs while the thing at the back pushed it forward. So I don't think it will be able to freely walk.

I would really like to know how exactly they built it, I assume the real machine is the thing behind it and the robo is an empty shell to keep it as light and dynamic as possible?

Well lucky for you there's a youtube series detailing exactly (not every detail) what went into it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G2lW8_wQPw&list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx9xHrQi6LJMpZc00JXCvZ9A

Post Edit- also this video that's not part of that playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuxbb_p0ew
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:42 pm Reply with quote
TexZero wrote:
Narutofreak1412 wrote:

Well lucky for you there's a youtube series detailing exactly (not every detail) what went into it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G2lW8_wQPw&list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx9xHrQi6LJMpZc00JXCvZ9A

Post Edit- also this video that's not part of that playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuxbb_p0ew

Thanks a ton for sharing this, really interesting and inspriring to watch their progress!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1