• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Rail Romanesque Anime, Early Premiere of Moriarty the Patriot Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
And Crunchyroll keeps losing to Funimation continues, because Funi has more fall anime lineup than CR.
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:41 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
And Crunchyroll keeps losing to Funimation continues, because Funi has more fall anime lineup than CR.

You come here and say this each season but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter it’s quality over quantity, Funimation can have more shows but that doesn’t mean they’re all good. Same goes for Crunchyroll, it can have a lot of shows doesn’t mean they’re good shows. What’s the point in how you put it “winning” if the majority they’re offering is just crap and when both services still stream a few of the same shows.

Also how many shows has Funimation and Crunchyroll announced for their fall schedule?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:47 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

This has been the case for the last year and a half. Sony Pictures is spending money on Funimation. While AT&T is trying to sell Crunchyroll.

Dragon_Kaiser wrote:
Also how many shows has Funimation and Crunchyroll announced for their fall schedule?

Funimation 25, Crunchyroll 18 and they are sharing 5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_releases_made_concurrently_in_the_United_States_and_Japan#Fall_2020
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:27 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

This has been the case for the last year and a half. Sony Pictures is spending money on Funimation. While AT&T is trying to sell Crunchyroll.

Dragon_Kaiser wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_anime_releases_made_concurrently_in_the_United_States_and_Japan#Fall_2020

*26 Funi just announced they got the new Love Live.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:55 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what will happen to both Funi and Crunchyroll once Anime Log starts up in English on youtube so far its a Japanese only channel, but the ad revenue is going directly to the creators since they are going to be the ones uploading anime to the channel. From what it looks like they are only uploading classic anime, but I can't view it as it is not available in my region obviously.

Heck they might even put up new seasonal stuff eventually and cutting out the middle man Funi and Crunchyroll when it comes to streaming. *shrugs* I guess the future will tell.

As for the actual topic I think I might try the Million Lives one. Wish they would've gotten Moriarty I can watch that fansubbed and if I like it enough I'll buy it when Funi releases it on Bluray. Although I haven't really liked that many shows enough to actually want to buy them as of late its all older shows from a few years ago or classics that I enjoyed lol.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:31 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Dragon_Kaiser wrote:

It's actually closer to 33 for crunchyroll and 30 so far for funimation (some are jointly licensed/shared obviously)

https://www.livechart.me/streams?season=fall-2020
Morry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I foresee an Ian Sinclair dub in this one's future.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
I wonder what will happen to both Funi and Crunchyroll once Anime Log starts up in English on youtube so far its a Japanese only channel, but the ad revenue is going directly to the creators since they are going to be the ones uploading anime to the channel. From what it looks like they are only uploading classic anime, but I can't view it as it is not available in my region obviously.

Heck they might even put up new seasonal stuff eventually and cutting out the middle man Funi and Crunchyroll when it comes to streaming. *shrugs* I guess the future will tell.

I highly doubt anything will happen. Those license fees the american companies pay is worth more than Youtube pays out, ESPECIALLY with how that site works.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Dragon_Kaiser wrote:

It's actually closer to 33 for crunchyroll and 30 so far for funimation (some are jointly licensed/shared obviously)
https://www.livechart.me/streams?season=fall-2020

I thought that out of 38 this season, Funi have 28 while CR have 14. That's less for CR.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:25 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

I mean, I think both services have a strong lineup this season (I think I'm leaning more Crunchyroll this season) but that's always in the eye of the beholder.

Quantity does not always indicate Quality (not that I'm saying Funi has bad offerings this season).
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:39 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

I mean, I think both services have a strong lineup this season (I think I'm leaning more Crunchyroll this season) but that's always in the eye of the beholder.

Quantity does not always indicate Quality (not that I'm saying Funi has bad offerings this season).

Funi took more fall animes, including the interesting ones (and still region blocked) while CR took less and has few interesting ones like JJK, Yashahime and Dragon Quest. I think it's not enough for CR. And noticed that most new fall animes on CR are shonen while Funi mostly have non-shonen and seinen. I think CR lacking diversity.
xxmsxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:

Many fans seems to be under the impression that AniLog will upload the latest shows with full seasons. How did people come to this conclusion? Do you really think that is going to happen? The most this channel can do is be an archive for old shows and hold some previews for newer shows.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:30 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
MFrontier wrote:
ErikaD.D wrote:

Funi took more fall animes, including the interesting ones (and still region blocked) while CR took less and has few interesting ones like JJK, Yashahime and Dragon Quest. I think it's not enough for CR. And noticed that most new fall animes on CR are shonen while Funi mostly have non-shonen and seinen. I think CR lacking diversity.

Tonikaku Kawaii seems pretty far from Shonen and they're highlighting that as an original (Funimation also has Yasahime), as is the Dog and Cat show they have airing.

I mean, I find plenty to watch from just Crunchyroll's offerings and not from all of Funimation's but to each their own.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:52 pm Reply with quote
xxmsxx wrote:

Many fans seems to be under the impression that AniLog will upload the latest shows with full seasons. How did people come to this conclusion? Do you really think that is going to happen? The most this channel can do is be an archive for old shows and hold some previews for newer shows.
Because people don't fact check the sensationalist claims of angry YouTube shout men. People also seem to forget about the existence of production committees when they talk about your money going "directly to the creators."
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:15 am Reply with quote
I didn't know that it was a competition. You probably know by now which service you prefer, so why does it matter if one has more than the other.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2