Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: I'm Standing on 1,000,000 Lives.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:46 pm Reply with quote
The one thing I'll give this series: it feels authentic to spellcasters in RPGs. Ostensibly a powerhouse, but starts off worse than useless. Hopefully leveling the girls fixes this. (as well as teaching them not to lob your weapon at the enemy on reflex)
Seagloom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The girls are practically useless and incompetent without him, they take little initiative beyond recruiting him, and he comes up with every clever scheme for defeating foes. Even if Yusuke is the protagonist, the girls should at least be competent at something. This is concerning and something that I will be keeping an eye on.

That gradually changes as the series plods on, but it is slow going.

spoiler[There is a lady who joins up later on that absolutely defies this trend, however. She has qualities Yotsuya lacks and can give him a run for his money in combat skills. So much so she actually shares the protagonist role with him for part of an arc. Unfortunately it would take another cour for the anime to reach that point unless they chopped the story to pieces.]

Last edited by Seagloom on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirdano1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I get that they're going the cameo route, but I really wish they had just stuck with Norio Wakamoto as Game Master's voice, he makes everything 10X better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1