• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses 3 Light Novels, 6 Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Licensed Isekai Ojisan, who'd have thought it.

Time to pour one out for Elf all over again.
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Damn how has no one still not licensed Mato Seihei no Slave? Or am I crazy and did someone secretly pick it up
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:05 pm Reply with quote
The cover with those big boobies.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Isekai Ojisan was finally licensed, I see. Excellent. There is a friend I was dying to share this series with.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
First of all, I’m excited about some of these! I’ve seen bits and pieces of a livestream of the game version of Your Turn To Die and has been interested in playing it; reading the manga probably won’t be a bad idea, either! I’m not sure about the whole idea of combining the novel versions of 5 Centimeters Per Second and Children Who Chase Lost Voices into one book, but I’d be interested in reading both!

Second, this article treats Your Turn To Die and Afterschool Hanako-kun as if they were one manga series, and I don’t think that’s correct. If I’m not mistaken, Afterschool Hanako-kun is “Houkago Shounen Hanako-kun”, which is a spin-off of “Toilet Bound Hanako-kun”, another manga Yen Press has licensed.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I've read Uncle From Another World, and glad it made the cut. But some may not like it, cause it tells it's story in flashbacks (at least the RPG part of the story).

We all know why that teen in ''Im the Hero, But the Demon Lord's Also Me", is going to be a hero and demon lord, its all in the cover.

Never heard of "Mato Seihei no Slave" before. Art looks nice and the story sound interesting.

Looking forward to "Your Turn To Die". But why is it joined together with Hanako? Is it an omnibus?
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Every time I see one of these articles, I hope to see someone picked up Twelve Kingdoms, or The Third, or the unfortunately-named Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

I blame JNC for giving me hope, after grabbing Orphen, Slayers and FMP.

Shame Haikasouru got shut down.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:54 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Shame Haikasouru got shut down.

Did they ever publish light novels, though? Have quite a few of their books and I don't recall any of them having interior illustrations.
Moontei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:10 am Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Every time I see one of these articles, I hope to see someone picked up... the unfortunately-named Legend of the Legendary Heroes.

Oh man haven't heard that one in forever. Man I do wish it got licensed. Loved the anime and was hyped when I found out it was only the prologue to the sequel series...only to find out no one had licensed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1