• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Announces Inuyasha Spinoff Anime Yashahime's New, Returning Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:07 pm Reply with quote
So they DID include the returning actors after all!
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I made a big huff in the last thread for nothing ... In my defense, something like this has only happened once before and I'm happy to be wrong about this. I would've liked to see Vancouver actors as more than just the returning characters, but it's better than them all being replaced.

It'll be interesting to see what'll happen with Rin, Kikyo and Kaede. Kikyo especially, given Willow Johnson hasn't been in anything for years.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:22 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty awesome that they got back all the original VA's, especially David Kaye since he hasn't done any anime in years.
Cat's Tuxedo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:29 pm Reply with quote
While I don't mind having been proven wrong, this just begs the question of why they wouldn't just go all the way with a single union to begin with.
meggu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Outcomes like this are why I'll (personally) never understand jumping to the most negative conclusion based purely on speculation. All that wasted energy complaining in the other thread over... nothing. But this IS an anime forum, so like...

Anyway, I'm so glad it's confirmed some of the OG cast is returning!
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I knew they'd do it. They wouldn't screw a good formula. Lol
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:06 pm Reply with quote
It always seems like a lot of fans make broad generalized assumptions about how anime dubs work and what goes on behind the scenes when most of the time we're not really privy to the details and then those assumptions about how the dubbing industry works just gets accepted as fact. I'm glad to see they got back most of the original cast but I never thought it was totally outside the realm of possibility with how much progress has been made in the past year with remote dubbing. Everything else was just resolving industry contracts.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Very happy and excited Bang Zoom and Viz proved me wrong. I'm already watching the sub but plan on giving the dub a shot. I probably wouldn't have if the voices for the main cast were replaced, though.

Slightly OT, Kira was a great Kagome in the Final Act. I remember people were really harsh on her back in the day.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:19 pm Reply with quote
LETS GOOOOOO!

EVEN DAVID KAYE!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Now we just need them to announce a Toonami broadcast.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Given that Inuyasha was a staple on CN for more than a decade, I'd think that they would jump at this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:24 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU!! This has made me so very happy! Looking forward to watching it with them! Thanks again to VIz, Bang Zoom, and many others to make this happen!
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

Given that Inuyasha was a staple on CN for more than a decade, I'd think that they would jump at this.

And plus Toonami did air Final Act.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:15 pm Reply with quote
YES! Richard Ian Cox!
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they really did went the extra mile and brought back the original cast for the returning characters! Glad to be proven wrong! Welcome back, everyone! I guess remote dubbing definitely does have its advantages now more than ever because in this age, at least the Canadian voice actors don't need to leave the country and can just record from home after all as long as they got their voice equipment updated to fit the standard.

Also, David Kaye is back as Sesshomaru! We haven't heard from him for a long time so seeing him back in the role just feels so right! Also, as expected, Kira Tozer is still here as Kagome and not Monica Stori but I can accept it as it is and besides, Richard, Kirby, Kelly, and Jillian are all back to reprise one of their iconic roles in the anime world and having not hearing them for a long while since The Final Act, it just felt so welcoming seeing them back again!

Anyways, I wonder who they will get for Rin, Sota, Kaede, and especially "Kikyo" because now that would be a fun twist to see how they will handle her there.

Once again, welcome back, everyone! Great to have you back!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3