• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sukeban Deka Gets 2 New Manga in January, February

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OtherSideofSky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:58 pm Reply with quote
I really hope at least one of these captures some of the spirit of the original. The original Sukeban Deka is one of my all-time favorite manga and there's really nothing else quite like it. I guess at least nothing can possibly be worse than that movie from the early 2000s.

Also, is that synopsis from the OVA? Because The Mizuchi sisters were only in one arc, although one of them does come back later for a second one.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Rafael Antonio Pineda wrote:
Saori Muranaga, Ashibi Fukui draw new manga based on Shinji Wada's classic high school crime series

The January 2021 issue of Akita Shoten's Monthly Princess magazine revealed last Friday that Saori Muranaga will launch a new manga based on Shinji Wada's Sukeban Deka manga titled Toki o Kakeru Sukeban Deka (The Sukeban Deka Who Leapt Through Time) in the magazine's next issue on January 6.

Actually, the correct way to read the family-name part of the name of the manga-ka 室長サオリ is 'Muronaga'. Not 'Muranaga'.
The jacket and the title page of the Hitokko hitori Hyakki no sato manga tankōbon by the manga-ka have the romanised name of the manga-ka, and it says, 'Muronaga Saori.'
In fact, the ANN article has an announcement about the new Sukeban Deka manga issued by Akita Shoten, which seems to have been taken from the Comic Natalie article, as the illustration, and the family-name part of the name of the manga-ka has the furigana 'むろなが' (Muronaga) in the announcement in the first place.

The common-use kun reading of the kanji 室 is 'muro'.
The Kōdansha Shin-Daijiten dictionary says:
Quote:
【室】 常用音訓 シツ むろ
和義 むろ(名)。
注意 我が国では「むろ」と訓じ、岩屋・ぬりごめ、また温室・貯蔵所の義に用いる。
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The franchise is undeniably iconic, but I didn't expect it to still be popular enough to get sequels, at a time when the theme was gone from shoujo manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1