• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Cells at Work!!, Cells at Work! Code Black, The Promised Neverland, Sk8 the

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:03 am Reply with quote
2 days early is a nice treat. Thank you whomever made that decision
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:28 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of hoping it would still be on Crunchyroll, but I guess we're not at a point in the negotiations to where Crunchyroll and Funimation share everything again.

I'm guessing they'll have a simuldub a few weeks into airing, and Christian La Monte will probably be in the director's chair again, but I'm curious how they'll handle Code Black!. And will they dub the Opening again or maybe save that for the DVD release?
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:39 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I was kind of hoping it would still be on Crunchyroll, but I guess we're not at a point in the negotiations to where Crunchyroll and Funimation share everything again.

When Funimation, Wakanim and even Hulu will stream TPN season 2 while Crunchyroll NOT, I was like "What Sony deal?". CrunchyFlop.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:41 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

When Funimation, Wakanim and even Hulu will stream TPN season 2 while Crunchyroll NOT, I was like "What Sony deal?". CrunchyFlop.

I don't know if that's on Crunchyroll.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to seeing the reactions to Cells at Work Black Laughing. I hope it doesn't get censored too badly.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 pm Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:

When Funimation, Wakanim and even Hulu will stream TPN season 2 while Crunchyroll NOT, I was like "What Sony deal?".

The purchase by Sony has been agreed upon, but hasn't actually happened yet. These deals often take months to formally work out before any money changes hand or any paperwork is signed. It will likely be another 2 seasons before any ramifications from this deal actually become apparent in terms of simulcasts. Possibly more since often contracts for licenses take place weeks or months before anything actually airs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1