• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: POLYSICS and Seiya Yamasaki Warp to the Dreadful World of Cells at Work! Code Black in New

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lledra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh my gooosh. This is a real blast from the past! I haven't thought about this band in forever! Going to have to check out to see what they've been up to since I last checked in on them, but I was a massive fan of "I My Me Mine". It's super cool that they're doing this. Listening to it, I really like it~
Aresef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:41 am Reply with quote
lledra wrote:
Oh my gooosh. This is a real blast from the past! I haven't thought about this band in forever! Going to have to check out to see what they've been up to since I last checked in on them, but I was a massive fan of "I My Me Mine". It's super cool that they're doing this. Listening to it, I really like it~

Yeah they haven’t been as high profile since Kayo left.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:28 am Reply with quote
I saw Polysics in concert after they made their ill-fated decision to sign to MySpace Records. Such a great band.

After Kayo left, they largely made up for her absence by getting heavier. They still switch musical focus from album to album, but not as much. I'd love a new Bestoisu album that only focuses on the post-Kayo albums because they could really use a compression down to the best of the past ten years. In their first ten years there are 2-3 albums that can be enjoyed from beginning to end, Not so true anymore.

But this certainly shows that they can still be a ton of fun. I've always been a bit confused that they didn't get more theme music jobs. Only two other credits to their name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1