• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Abyss Beckons

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
-Epic vs Apple: Ohohohohooooo, this is HILARIOUS. Nothing like watching two horrible entities slap fight

-Game Builder Garage: It's confirmed it will have online sharing capabilities so people can distribute their creations. I'm wondering how extensive it will be because they showed off platformers, space shooters, racers, and others with it.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:12 am Reply with quote
Making Judgment an ARPG series while keeping RGG turn-based is exactly what I'd hoped would happen, so that's exciting. Glad to see they're keeping KimuTaku for the sequel, too.

But I'm never gonna stop bitching about the orange parka until they put it in the game. I will die on the hill.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 am Reply with quote
It is amusing how much information is getting out because of Epic vs. Apple, especially since more and more of it is about other companies. We're at least seeing some of the reasoning on why Valve/Steam has done nothing regarding its revenue sharing or bidding for its own exclusivity. So far, Epic has lost money on it, and Steam seems no worse for it. Based on Epic's comments about that once it got out, it seems like it is content to keeping throwing money around until it eventually pays off, and I can't entirely blame Valve for waiting them out.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

It is amusing how much information is getting out because of Epic vs. Apple, especially since more and more of it is about other companies. We're at least seeing some of the reasoning on why Valve/Steam has done nothing regarding its revenue sharing or bidding for its own exclusivity. So far, Epic has lost money on it, and Steam seems no worse for it. Based on Epic's comments about that once it got out, it seems like it is content to keeping throwing money around until it eventually pays off, and I can't entirely blame Valve for waiting them out.

And Sony really really hate crossplay and only did it in exchange for monetary compensation from Fortnite
Fluwm

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 pm Reply with quote
They don't dislike cross-play, they just want to squeeze as much money out of as many things as they can. The PS+ subscription doesn't pay for online servers; the generational price cuts have nothing to do with (diminishing) production or distribution costs; Sony just really wants more money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1