• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toki no Daichi Manga Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Continuation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revolutionary_girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:13 pm Reply with quote
So I've been following the "saga" of this train wreck for over a year now. There is an overwhelming amount of information that I'm trying to organize for a proper article/post, but to make a story short, a lot of former fans are wondering (and at this point assuming) that Miyuki Yama isn't using the funds entirely for manga production, and is instead using the majority of it to pay her rent, go to anime-themed cafes, and buy otaku-related goods. If you look at the "sequel" from last year, the story hasn't moved forward at all; the characters stayed at an inn for the entirety of the book. The lack of progress and nonsensical plot has made some fans start calling it "The Land of the Inn" instead of "The Land of Time."

In addition, Miyuki Yama will not answer any questions regarding how she spends the funds, going so as far as to blocking people who ask. This includes people who donated to her campaigns. She would also spend a lot of time name-searching herself on Twitter to see what people were saying about her. If she found something disagreeable or even mild criticism, she would quote-tweet the person and/or block them. This behavior unfortunately made a lot of fans hesitant to talk openly about her work if it isn't absolute praise.

There is a lot more information I'd like to add but I'm having trouble organizing it, and I know this sounds like a bunch of slander, but... The woman has a 69 page (and ongoing!) thread on 5ch of all places calling her out on her behavior.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1