• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun Season 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
I’m so glad this series will be getting weekly reviews!

Yeah, I also have a feeling Ali-san is the instigator for the grumpy Iruma(?) we saw at the end of season 1. Time will tell.

Is it just me or does Azz-Azz look different? I didn’t bother rewatching season 1 but the colouring on Azz-Azz is paler than usual? I’m probably just imagining it.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to more Iruma-kun and co. I just hope the pacing is better as the arc with the glasses guy (forgot his name) really dragged.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:45 pm Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
Is it just me or does Azz-Azz look different? I didn’t bother rewatching season 1 but the colouring on Azz-Azz is paler than usual? I’m probably just imagining it.

Okay, I thought that was because I was on the tail end of a migraine and I was having a weird visual effect. (Which I never have before, so I'm not sure what my thought process was there...) But he may be! I'll look more closely next week.
Treecko Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:18 pm Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
I’m so glad this series will be getting weekly reviews!

Same, I really enjoyed the first season and am really happy its getting reviews each week now.
ab2143 wrote:

Now that you mention it, the coloring on Azz did look a little different.
7777ale7777

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Glad we're getting weekly reviews!

Something was said this episode that's a little hard to get after waiting so long for season 2 and that got a little lost in translation is a reference to a "thing" that I'm 99% sure was mentioned just once in season 1. I don't say 100% because I've read ahead in the manga and I don't quite remember if that "thing" was mentioned before or after the events of this episode so I'll mark it as a spoiler and leave it somewhat vague, so spoiler[did he say he's name is alucarD? ]
Hal14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I know what you mean. I can't remember if the first time we learn the spoiler[demon king's name] is before or after this point in the manga, and if it's before whether or not the anime mentioned it in the first season. If not then Ali giving spoiler[his name] has little significance.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Great to see this series back.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:08 am Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:

I don't think he's gotten paler, but in the scene at the gate his pink was more of a coral shade, except in Iruma's imagination. Maybe you noticed that and it stuck.
ab2143

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 am Reply with quote
Ahh ok. I thought his colour scheme had changed in this season.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:32 am Reply with quote
Every time I see Dosa-chan I'm reminded of these little fellas from Commander Keen
trilaan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 am Reply with quote
I am so happy this deliciously ridiculous series has returned, I love it so much. I can't wait for the next Clara family musical number. I really want to cosplay in that "frilly and fluffy" version of his uniform Iruma-kun imagined, too.
7777ale7777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:11 pm Reply with quote
7777ale7777 wrote:
Something was said this episode that's a little hard to get after waiting so long for season 2 and that got a little lost in translation is a reference to a "thing" that I'm 99% sure was mentioned just once in season 1. I don't say 100% because I've read ahead in the manga and I don't quite remember if that "thing" was mentioned before or after the events of this episode so I'll mark it as a spoiler and leave it somewhat vague, so spoiler[did he say he's name is alucarD? ]

After some research I found that Sabnock said the "thing" in episode 19 so is not really a spoiler, so here it is: the missing Demon Lord's name was Derkila. Ring any bells? Derkila - alikreD.

I thought that it could have gotten lost in translation because of the "R" and "L" sounds but the subtitles are consistent in that regard. The "K" got replaced by a "C" though.

Just to be clear, I'm not making any assumptions. I still don't know what Ali is or how is he connected to the Demon Lord besides his name.
ab2143

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(Clara, being Clara, is just going with the flow. I love Clara.)

Yeah, she seems to be having a blast in her Battler! Poor Azz-Azz must be suffering without his bestie Iruma.

Ayumu Murase saying "yessir" gives me life

Sullivan is just so doting. I love him so much. Opera is such a troll lmao. Remember to watch the post-credits su-ki-ma! I couldn’t stop laughing!!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:45 am Reply with quote
I liked the Ringu bit where Ameri's dad climbs through the screen to chastise her.

I can't find it now, but I feel like I remember some discussion somewhere that the reason Henri doesn't want Ameri to date Iruma might be because Ameri's mother was human. Did I dream that? It seems possible (I need to go back and watch the episode where he met Iruma), since Ameri is pretty much the only female humanoid demon without a tail. Then again, I do recall him making it as clear as he could without saying it straight out that he knew Iruma was human, so it could just be that.
Violet Park

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:07 am Reply with quote
I love Iruma-kun getting weekly reviews!

The author has a knack to mix the funny with the serious and to introduce new avenues for character development. Being part of the student council will do Iruma a lot of good but he had no reason to join, so making it necessary to save his own battler now that Kiriwo is rotting in jail is a good idea.

I'm intrigued where this arc with Ameri is headed. Aside of finding the culprit, will this deal with her internalized shame over cuteness? I don't really get what her problem with Iruma crossdressing is, unless she is projecting her feelings over her own cute side. Maybe this will show her that her friends (and the school) won't reject her for it. She is not my favourite character (I've seen her character type misused a lot) but perhaps this arc will change it.
SHD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:46 am Reply with quote
Violet Park wrote:
I don't really get what her problem with Iruma crossdressing is

Well... I understand why people are trying to find the more charitable explanations, and the anime is toning it down by rephrasing certain dialogues (likely simply because it's NHK and targeted at kids), but in the manga it is obvious that her issue is that she associates crossdressing with being a pervert.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8