• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2's Video Unveils More Cast, April 2022 Deb

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:19 am Reply with quote
Hooo boy. I hear Lanzhu is one of the big reasons why the second part of the mobile game is considered awful, mainly because she's a huge bitch to everyone she meets, yet is rarely if ever called out on it, even by the main girls, the people she's being cruel to!
Bayuro2.0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:45 am Reply with quote
Nice! I've been waiting for this announcement. I hope this season our poster girl Ayumu with the help of Yuu, will step up more on her screen time compare to previous season.

I admit, Kasumi really annoys me last season because she almost taken over the whole season with her antics and almost put Ayumu into obscurity.

Those three new characters, Shioriko, Lanzhu and Mia I already expected that since the game.Those three will definitely restrain or limit Kasumi's screen time.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:40 am Reply with quote
This is going to be really interesting to see Mia Taylor in the anime especially since she can speak English fluently, and her songs sound like absolute throwbacks to early 2000s pop songs from the Disney Channel. Surprised
WingKing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:06 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Hooo boy. I hear Lanzhu is one of the big reasons why the second part of the mobile game is considered awful, mainly because she's a huge bitch to everyone she meets, yet is rarely if ever called out on it, even by the main girls, the people she's being cruel to!

That’s generally true, and the fans have made their displeaure about it loud and clear. Although it’s really only the first two chapters of the arc where she’s in full alpha bitch mode that ruined her reputation; if someone skipped those and just read from chapter 22 on they probably wouldn’t think she’s as bad.

One of Love Live’s advantages though is that every iteration is its own continuity even with the same characters, so the anime doesn’t have to introduce Lanzhu in the same fashion that the game did and hopefully they’re smart enough not to (while I haven’t seen it, I’ve heard secondhand that the Niji manga already handled Lanzhu’s introduction very differently). And Mia and Shioriko have both been generally well-received anyway - any taint on them from this arc is mostly by “guilt by association.”

Personally I kind of like Lanzhu. Not one of my favorites, but far from my least, either. Because of her personality she’s always going to be a polarizing character just like Nico, Kasumi, and Yohane are polarizing characters, but she can also be really funny when she’s not being an arse, so it’d be nice if the anime is able to rehabilitate her at least a little bit (even for the sake of her seiyuu, if nothing else).
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:51 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
This is going to be really interesting to see Mia Taylor in the anime especially since she can speak English fluently, and her songs sound like absolute throwbacks to early 2000s pop songs from the Disney Channel. Surprised

Mia’s songs are GREAT!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:33 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well her VA, Shu Uchida, was born in Australia and speaks perfect English as well as Japanese. She's also childhood friends (or acquaintances) with Joey AKA The Anime Man.
Sinsekihokimchiansu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Nice I'm so hype for this and with additional new characters.....triple hype Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sinsekihokimchiansu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well her VA, Shu Uchida, was born in Australia and speaks perfect English as well as Japanese. She's also childhood friends (or acquaintances) with Joey AKA The Anime Man.

Oh that's an interesting trivia Very Happy
rizuchan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:

Lanzhu is a divisive character for sure, but I think a lot of Season 2 (of All Stars)'s issues are unfairly blamed on her. She's just the catalyst for a bigger conflict that is drawn out too long, causes more drama than a lot of people probably wanted out of a goofy series like Love Live, and made the characters make some decisions that a lot of fans were pretty upset about and thought were out of character.

I'm actually more optimistic about it in an anime format. I think a lot of the problem with All Stars is, that as a Gacha game, it's kind of obligated to drag out storylines for longer than it should. I don't think the drama would be quite as painful if it was relegated to like, 2 or 3 episodes of the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1