Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Arise Releases Sword Art Online DLC Pack




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cyberdraco



Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Posts: 515
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
Listen to this and the Phantasy Star Online 2 collab I have to ask; Why haven't they(Bandai Namco) given SAO games an English dub yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote
It's pretty funny that they had Kirito as Law in both English and Japanese and now we actually get Kirito in the game. Also I think this is the first time Asuna's VA's (Cherami Leigh and Haruka Tomatsu) have been in a Tales game.

I guess this is the closest we might see to an SAO game getting dubbed (although I think Bryce and Cherami did some lines for a mobile game).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aerodynamic41



Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 103
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote
I think the DLC is too expensive for what it offers. It basically consist of the boss fight, the SAO costumes, Kirito's weapons and the Mystic Artes. Hardly enough to justify the $16 asking price. Reduce the price by half and I might consider it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fluwm



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 522
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
I think the DLC is too expensive for what it offers. It basically consist of the boss fight, the SAO costumes, Kirito's weapons and the Mystic Artes. Hardly enough to justify the $16 asking price. Reduce the price by half and I might consider it.

Arise also has the smallest cast of any Tales Of game and they couldn't even be bothered to give everyone a costume.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Teraman



Joined: 22 Nov 2016
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Arise also has the smallest cast of any Tales Of game

Huh? Most Tales games have six permanent party members, and the ones with more usually get them from an enhanced rerelease with new content (e.g. Graces, Vesperia).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Erulogos



Joined: 19 Apr 2021
Posts: 5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:37 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It's pretty funny that they had Kirito as Law in both English and Japanese and now we actually get Kirito in the game. Also I think this is the first time Asuna's VA's (Cherami Leigh and Haruka Tomatsu) have been in a Tales game.

I guess this is the closest we might see to an SAO game getting dubbed (although I think Bryce and Cherami did some lines for a mobile game).


I can't say for certain about Haruka Tomatsu, but Cherami Leigh has had at least minor roles in the Tales series (she voiced the starter village friend of Tales of Berseria's main character Velvet.)

Are any of the SAO based games all that good? The idea of a game based on an anime about a game is amusing in a meta way, but gameplay is king most of the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 2603
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Erulogos wrote:
I can't say for certain about Haruka Tomatsu, but Cherami Leigh has had at least minor roles in the Tales series (she voiced the starter village friend of Tales of Berseria's main character Velvet.)

Are any of the SAO based games all that good? The idea of a game based on an anime about a game is amusing in a meta way, but gameplay is king most of the time.

I think they're decently fun by anime game standards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Siegfriedl88



Joined: 22 Jun 2017
Posts: 297
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Nice i rarely buy DLCs, but i gotta pick this up seeing as how unexpected it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group