• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tales of Arise Releases Sword Art Online DLC Pack

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
Listen to this and the Phantasy Star Online 2 collab I have to ask; Why haven't they(Bandai Namco) given SAO games an English dub yet?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:05 am Reply with quote
It's pretty funny that they had Kirito as Law in both English and Japanese and now we actually get Kirito in the game. Also I think this is the first time Asuna's VA's (Cherami Leigh and Haruka Tomatsu) have been in a Tales game.

I guess this is the closest we might see to an SAO game getting dubbed (although I think Bryce and Cherami did some lines for a mobile game).
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:11 am Reply with quote
I think the DLC is too expensive for what it offers. It basically consist of the boss fight, the SAO costumes, Kirito's weapons and the Mystic Artes. Hardly enough to justify the $16 asking price. Reduce the price by half and I might consider it.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Aerodynamic41 wrote:
I think the DLC is too expensive for what it offers. It basically consist of the boss fight, the SAO costumes, Kirito's weapons and the Mystic Artes. Hardly enough to justify the $16 asking price. Reduce the price by half and I might consider it.

Arise also has the smallest cast of any Tales Of game and they couldn't even be bothered to give everyone a costume.
Teraman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Fluwm wrote:
Arise also has the smallest cast of any Tales Of game

Huh? Most Tales games have six permanent party members, and the ones with more usually get them from an enhanced rerelease with new content (e.g. Graces, Vesperia).
Erulogos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:37 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
It's pretty funny that they had Kirito as Law in both English and Japanese and now we actually get Kirito in the game. Also I think this is the first time Asuna's VA's (Cherami Leigh and Haruka Tomatsu) have been in a Tales game.

I guess this is the closest we might see to an SAO game getting dubbed (although I think Bryce and Cherami did some lines for a mobile game).

I can't say for certain about Haruka Tomatsu, but Cherami Leigh has had at least minor roles in the Tales series (she voiced the starter village friend of Tales of Berseria's main character Velvet.)

Are any of the SAO based games all that good? The idea of a game based on an anime about a game is amusing in a meta way, but gameplay is king most of the time.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Erulogos wrote:
I can't say for certain about Haruka Tomatsu, but Cherami Leigh has had at least minor roles in the Tales series (she voiced the starter village friend of Tales of Berseria's main character Velvet.)

Are any of the SAO based games all that good? The idea of a game based on an anime about a game is amusing in a meta way, but gameplay is king most of the time.

I think they're decently fun by anime game standards.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Nice i rarely buy DLCs, but i gotta pick this up seeing as how unexpected it is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1