• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tatami Time Machine Blues Anime Reveals Returning Cast, 2022 Disney+ Streaming in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab2143

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:28 am Reply with quote
Interesting. Wonder if this will be the case for the other countries too
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:34 am Reply with quote
Kinda shocked this show of all things, is coming to Disney+.

Then again, K on, and Love Live did air on Disney Channel in Japan.
Not to mention Naruto Shippuden on a Disney owned channel...
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:04 am Reply with quote
ab2143 wrote:
Interesting. Wonder if this will be the case for the other countries too

Given the event was marked as International/Worldwide distribution from Asia, it’ll likely come to other countries too.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:39 am Reply with quote
Well, after Night is short, looks like this could be the sign of Tatami galaxy (Yojohan Shinwa taikei) finally get a dub by NYAVPOST ( although it just for the sequel for now )
SpideyDude

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:08 am Reply with quote
Disney+'s anime line up is small with just Visions, Future Avengers and Cory in the House. Looks like the success of Visions will lead to more anime on the platform.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:09 am Reply with quote
SpideyDude wrote:
Disney+'s anime line up is small with just Visions, Future Avengers and Cory in the House. Looks like the success of Visions will lead to more anime on the platform.

Cory in the House is not an Anime, it's a Live-Action Sitcom. This meme needs to f***in die.

Also, I wish we get Avengers Disc Wars on there.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:12 am Reply with quote
Well that's certainly not what I expected to see when I woke up today lol. Also the announcement of a compilation film now sounds really weird, usually they wait until after airing to announce them.

Edit: I also guess this confirms it won't be a Noitamina title, unlike Tatami and Night is Short

Last edited by MagicPolly on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
NG_Chloe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:07 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:

Cory in the House is not an Anime, it's a Live-Action Sitcom. This meme needs to f***in die.

What's wrong with making a harmless joke. Chill out
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:39 am Reply with quote
It's a shame it isn't being directed by Masaaki Yuasa. I fear it ill lose some of Yuasa's quirkiness. Still, it's being produced by his studio, Science Saru.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:07 pm Reply with quote
This is so random to see for Disney+ but at the same time I guess I'm happy at the prospect of this being officially released over here.

I'm glad they got the cast back. Kazuya Nakai is a good choice to succeed Keiji Fujiwara.
Farhanawesome wrote:
Well, after Night is short, looks like this could be the sign of Tatami galaxy (Yojohan Shinwa taikei) finally get a dub by NYAVPOST ( although it just for the sequel for now )

I hope they keep the castings consistent from the Night is Short, Walk on Girl movie, if this inevitably gets dubbed if Disney+ releases it in the west.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see a sequel to this for the follow up novel, though I still need to watch the first series lol
The Night is Young was fun though =)
braves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
It's a shame it isn't being directed by Masaaki Yuasa. I fear it ill lose some of Yuasa's quirkiness. Still, it's being produced by his studio, Science Saru.
After watching Sonny Boy, I’m arguably more excited to see Natsume direct this than if Yuasa was directing it (and I’m a huge Yuasa fan). We’ve already seen twice what Yuasa can do with the material from this author. Natsume may be another household auteur name for anime fans soon enough.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
#Neothegreenland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:24 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVV3Vlx6PZA

are you telling me my eyes are lying to me!

/s
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:39 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
After watching Sonny Boy, I’m arguably more excited to see Natsume direct this than if Yuasa was directing it (and I’m a huge Yuasa fan). We’ve already seen twice what Yuasa can do with the material from this author. Natsume may be another household auteur name for anime fans soon enough.

I'm willing to give Shingo Natsume a go. Science Saru is attracting some big names, what with Naoko Yamada helming The Heike Story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:25 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
SpideyDude wrote:

Yeah, because everybody knows it's LazyTown Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2