• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st 2 Front Mission Games Get Switch Remakes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psajdak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Switch is a monster. Shocked
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:15 am Reply with quote
I have no knowledge of this series but the BGM for this trailer was beautiful, but it's Yoko Shimomura so that shouldn't shock.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:06 am Reply with quote
Front Mission 2 needs a remake because it is a slow as hell game, the story is really good and a must play, especially if you want to understand Front Mission 5, as you'll miss some details if you don't play Front Mission 2. Also remaking 1 makes sense because of who you encounter in one of the secret missions in FM2.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:39 am Reply with quote
Best part of the Direct for me, no question. I'll pick up Front Mission 1st again for sure (despite the plot going to some wild places), and Front Mission 2 as well.

It's worth noting that this'll be the first time Front Mission 2 will be officially available in English. After that, the only numbered FM game without an official English-language release will be Front Mission 5.
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Im playing through the fan translation of 5 at the moment, I started with 2 back in the 90's, then 3, back to 1, then 4 and now 5. Two its probably the second best in the series after three.

Five I am finding a bit of a disappointment gameplay wise tbh, it does reference all the other games events and graphically its not bad (especially upscaled x3) but the story itself is unexciting and the recruitment system is totally pointless.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1