• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kanye, Kim Kardashian Feuding Over Akira Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alicechain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Although I found this weirdly interesting, please don’t give these people any more platform than what they already got.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:22 pm Reply with quote
alicechain wrote:
Although I found this weirdly interesting, please don’t give these people any more platform than what they already got.

Yeah, I read it out of morbid curiosity, but I second that as well.

That being said, it's not gonna mean anything anyway if contributors on this site stil think that having some manga or anime mentioned by name in an otherwise unrelated piece of celebrity gossip means that is newsworthy for this site.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:25 pm Reply with quote
We live in the absolute dumbest timeline, don't we?
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I clicked for Akira now moving on to the halls of referenced anime.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Unless these things were autographed (and in that case, he really shouldn't be reading them), I don't see why he's hung up on getting them back. I'm sure he can afford a copy. Or 10.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

I'm a firm believer that every time I think that, a dumber timeline is created, and I'm immediately transferred into it. We are cursed.
Picky33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:18 pm Reply with quote
aww, rich people problems....
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:13 pm Reply with quote
alicechain wrote:

I mean, these are multi-millionaire celebrities, each with millions upon millions of followers on social media, multiple television shows and best-selling albums. What could ANN possibly do to "give [them] a platform" that they don't already have access to thousands of times over?
staab99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:41 pm Reply with quote
He's still a gay fish! Lol
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:18 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

That would be an insult to morons!
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:09 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
alicechain wrote:

I mean, these are multi-millionaire celebrities, each with millions upon millions of followers on social media, multiple television shows and best-selling albums. What could ANN possibly do to "give [them] a platform" that they don't already have access to thousands of times over?

Well it's more likely this story will bring viewers to ANN when it pops up in someone's feed. Celebs have followers and fans so whatever helps...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:34 am Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:
That being said, it's not gonna mean anything anyway if contributors on this site stil think that having some manga or anime mentioned by name in an otherwise unrelated piece of celebrity gossip means that is newsworthy for this site.

If they thought it was newsworthy, they'd have put it under oh, I dunno, News, maybe? Since they put it under Interest, I'm gonna assume they figured it would interest some people, and it apparently interested you enough to read and respond to it, so looks like they figured right! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously, if you don't care for this type of content, don't give it clicks. Period. They have no way of telling which clicks are from people like you who only read out of "morbid curiosity" and which are from those who are actively seeking out celebrity-anime connections. Once you click on the page, you can play the tsundere card till the cows come home (I didn't click on this because I even cared!), but it won't mean a thing. Page still got clicked.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:07 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
If they thought it was newsworthy, they'd have put it under oh, I dunno, News, maybe? Since they put it under Interest, I'm gonna assume they figured it would interest some people, and it apparently interested you enough to read and respond to it, so looks like they figured right! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seriously, if you don't care for this type of content, don't give it clicks. Period. They have no way of telling which clicks are from people like you who only read out of "morbid curiosity" and which are from those who are actively seeking out celebrity-anime connections.

I mean... Now I kinda feel guilty about this. ROFL. But just to point out for my defense, it's not like I'm actively seeking out articles like these, it's just that... like how Gina Szanboti, it's an Interest indeed. For me, I find it rare to read articles on celebrity-anime connections. And the fact that this has become one of the issues as to why Ye and Kim divorced -- really? Anime hyper
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:24 am Reply with quote
Lol, I'm not "actively" seeking it out either (that was just me trying to span the wide range of motives among readers). It just doesn't bother me that ANN drops these weird little Interest tidbits for me to read...or not.

The only reason to feel guilty for reading it is if you're ranting about its existing here, yet still giving that content your clicks and attention, thereby contributing to the very "problem" you're complaining about. That's not you, so read on, guilt free! Very Happy

Also, this article taught me that Kanye is now Ye. Literally rotfl over that bit, so I'm grateful for a good laugh for the day.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:24 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Also, this article taught me that Kanye is now Ye. Literally rotfl over that bit, so I'm grateful for a good laugh for the day.

Same. I’m really hoping his middle names are “Olde” and “Wild”.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2